Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Apr 4, 2019.

1. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I’m talking about motive. Whistleblowers who steal information do so out of a sense of justice in order to halt wrongdoing. The Russians stole the DNC and Clinton data for naked political reasons, to hurt Clinton and to help Trump.

2. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

See if hacking is going to be considered a literal act of war in the 21st century then the world is screwed. Adversaries and allies are constantly hacking each other day after day. That’s what intelligence agencies literally exist to do.

3. Knight3 Suspended

Are you blind or just decided to ignore what I was trying to say? I did ask for evidence/proof for the contrary. Didn't I?

Also with every other attempt to disrupt the elections being from Russia, you still believe it could be someone else?
    I don't have a credible source to prove it either way. But looking at the larger picture I'm inclined to believe it was from Russia.

4. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Incorrect.

The hacked emails showed Clinton colluding to rig the primary against Bernie Sanders.

Up to that point, Clinton was HELPING Trump with her Pied Piper strategy.

5. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Who cares what the motive is as long as the information itself is real?

Honest to god, what matters is the truth of how power operates. The DNC isn’t your friend, it’s a one of many machines that wield real power in this world. In a democracy we have to hold even our allies to account if it’s exposed that they are breaking the law.

6. Knight3 Suspended

Even the Mueller team doesn't say that Barr completely twisted the facts. He just bent a few.

7. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Isn’t it ironic how seamlessly framing this information as an attack on the country has made it to totally ignore its contents?

If people actually READ the pied piper emails they’d understand how unseriously the Clinton campaign took trump, and actively built him up, until it was way too late.

https://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/th...ed-donald-trump-with-its-pied-piper-strategy/

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails//fileid/1120/251

8. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Exactly.

https://medium.com/@bjcampbell/the-...s-not-a-conspiracy-its-the-truth-bf9cd688377c

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...dia_did_help_trump_win_so_did_you_135011.html

9. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I don’t operate on “belief” when it comes to international spy games. I can’t provide you with proof that it wasn’t Russia because that’s a counter factual (I think that’s the right term).

I’m not claiming it was Russia based only on the claims of cold warriors who are literally the same people who demonstrated themselves to be liars in terms of geopolitics when it comes to Iraq, Iran, etc.

10. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

You keep saying that, but it simply is not true that the hacked emails showed that the primaries were “rigged.” And that certainly is not what the Russians are trying to find. They just wanted embarrassing information of any possible form. They were not trying to uncover corruption. They were just trying to hurt Clinton. Equating them with whistleblowers is absurd.

11. decafjava macrumors 68040

decafjava

Reading all this I'm starting to think the French had the right idea back in the day.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't see any responses to this yet, and I happen to know the answer. Well, I don't have the links. But I know where you can find this.

Comey, in his testimony to Congress after he was fired, said he only knew Mueller through work, they maybe had one dinner together, and they didn't know the names of each other's kids.

Barr, during his confirmation hearing, said he was friends with Mueller, and he attended Mueller's daughter's wedding, or maybe Mueller attended Barr's daughter's wedding -- it was one or the other.

Who is this guy and why should his opinion be the definitive word on any topic?

13. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Yeah, you guys that think the report is going to be damning to Trump need to loosen the tinfoil hat around your head some.

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I just want the entire report to be released to Congress. Just like every other investigation from Nixon to Clinton.

Ma nishtana ha president hazeh, m'kol ha presidents!

15. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I’m mystified how anyone can think the report won’t be damning of Trump, given everything we already know.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

This one is slightly different since it includes classified material relative to foreign contacts and events. Not many in Congress can actually see that stuff without a change in the classification of the material.

17. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Not surprising. Why would president flip-flop not want the report released if it totally exonerates him? Probably for the same reason he doesn’t want his taxes or grades shown ... great businessman, stable genius... it would only make us feel bad to be so beneath him, and we all know Trump is highly sensitive and kind to the feelings of others...

18. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Another in the line of unverifiable anonymous second or third hand sourced stories portrayed as factual news. :rolleyes:
    When is this crap going to cease and we get back to real news reporting? :(
    --- Post Merged, Apr 5, 2019 ---
    You are quite right.
    https://www.upi.com/McConnell-blocks-resolution-to-make-Mueller-report-public/2101553532983/
    *snip*
    Speaking from the Senate floor, McConnell said though that Attorney General William Barr should be allowed to work with special counsel Mueller on redacting secret grand jury material and any content related to ongoing investigations before it's made public.

"It's not unreasonable to give the special counsel and the Justice Department just a little time to complete their review in a professional and responsible manner," McConnell said. "Remember, as I said earlier, we're likely dealing here with potential other prosecutions, classified information, damaging people's reputation. There's no evidence that the attorney general is not going to produce as much information as possible for all of us, and that's why I objected. I think it's a reasonable thing to do."

*snip*
    In response, Schumer asked what Republicans are trying to hide.

"It is in the public interest for the Mueller report to be released to the American people," Schumer wrote on Twitter. "They simply want the truth. They can read the report for themselves and draw their own conclusions."

Mueller and staff, Barr and staff. I suppose you could say "partisan".
    Along those lines where would you find a legal non-partisan group to do this?

19. LordVic macrumors 603

that's a great question. I don't know the full ins andouts enough, but aren't there supposed to be "checks and ballances" in the system where there are organizations that are kept at arms length and not involved in the political process?

Typically, countries will create these organizations to keep government in check and enshrine them in the constitution so that manipulations by the government cannot change their stated objective.

20. Rhonindk, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019

Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I think also that people forget what GJ testimony actually consists of and what it is its' standing legally. It isn't basic testimony. It is far more. You can't just release it willy-nilly without going through some legal hoops.
    So give Schiff something he isn't allowed to share? OMG!!! ol' Pencil Neck would have his eraser explode. :eek:
    He is just the biggest duck in a crowded pond.
    When I think about this I have to ask myself "Would we be going through this if this was the ruler of Latvia?". Or would we just move on and economically slap that country for attempting to influence our elections?
    Russia is not the world power it was.
    BS. All we have is an anonymous second hand supposed source that leaked information to a reporter.
    Anonymous. Unverifiable. Unknown. :cool:

We are seeing way too much of this crap in the media.

Now if we had names? That would be potentially believable. ;)
    It appears to more about finding and weaponizing information and damn the collateral damage. :(
    Actually not true. That was changed after the BC mess.
    Now Congress can get the full report however there are several legal hoops they need to go through and it cannot be made public.

Q: You know how Congress and a colander are alike?
    A: The both start with "C" and they both leak.

Crappy Joke of the Day :)

21. jerwin macrumors 68020

first as tragedy, then as farce.

22. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

So grant congress critters on the appropriate committee a higher security clearance. That seems to be de rigeur these days.

23. jerwin macrumors 68020

Have you ever made pasta before? One of the steps is draining the pasta, and for that, a colander is an excellent tool.

Q: You know how Congress and a colander are alike?
    A: The both start with "C" and they are both useful tools.