Some people are just crazy.......

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by quagmire, May 15, 2009.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I got this email from a fellow student at my college( don't know him, but somehow got the email).

So A) This nut wants the 14th amendment repealed. B) Excuse my ignorance to religions, but what religion says that it is a sin to be provided affordable and quality healthcare?

Is this really the state of the right? Where are the moderate conservatives voices trying to get back their party and discredit these nutjobs?

2. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

To answer your question as to where they are coming from on the religion issue, if health care was nationalized Christians would essentially be forced to pay for abortions. Personally i am not against abortions (I am against tax payers funding the abortions though).

I also don't understand why you bolded: "“Every American must have affordable and quality health care,” is one which violates all notions of free men and a free society."

In a free society I would not have my earned wages levied by the government unless I freely want to give to the cause. It just so happens that the core of our programs are more beneficial than cost prohibitive, for example I don't pay much for police officers because everyone is paying.

4. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

In my experience many Christians have no issue with abortions. Could you be mixing up Catholics as a subdivision of Christianity with the whole of Christianity, many divisions of which accept abortion?
    Don't even get me started on sexual preference :eek:
    Long may we Brits be thankful for the NHS. Worth all of its faults.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

6. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

I bolded it as a reference when he mentioned it as a breach of the 1st amendment.

Anyway, I shortened the bolding to just the third principle to be clearer.

7. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

That is the craziest, most rambling and incoherent thing I have read that was not handwritten single-spaced on notebook paper and stapled to a telephone pole in the Haight.

The fact he cannot get the 21st Amendment right makes me think he cannot possibly mean the 14th, but as he doesn't say what's wrong with it it's hard to judge. Maybe he means the 16th? That's a popular nutbag gripe.

For giggles you might forward this message and the sender's email address to the Secret Service. It contains a very clear, if oblique, threat on the life of the President.

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

What the hell is with the reference to JFK being 'quickened'?

9. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Yeah, I don't know how to interpret that line. Does he mean that if he continues he may end up like JFK or does it mean, " Stop now or you will join JFK"? I hope for the former........

10. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Poetic references to "the quick and the dead" in religious texts such as the Apostles' Creed confuse some people into thinking "quick" means exactly the opposite of what it does.

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

He means that in the end there can be only one and so far Christopher Lambert is still alive. Coincidence? I think not. It was Lambert on the grassy knoll and the zapruder film was good enough quality to show the lightning.

Our public health care system has many faults but I'll take it any day over no health insurance.

Why are Americans so scared of public health coverage? I don't get it. It's available in so many countries around the world and they all get along just fine.

12. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Bah, you stole my post. I was going to make a Highlander joke, and you beat me to it. :)

Anyway, I'll tell you why this American is afraid of public health care: incompetence. I've dealt with existing public health care programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, and the VA. They are, for the most part, terribly incompetent. I'd rather take my chances with private industry.

13. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

....ohhhhhhhh-kay...:confused:

14. youssefm macrumors 6502

lmfao, i guess some people are just really dedicated :)

15. SydneyDev macrumors 6502

The way to lower prices and better service is more competition. I think the Republican party should put this forward as an alternative.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I hate to tell you this, but private industry can also be quite incompetent. And bogged down in bureaucracy. And greedy on top of anything else. Sometimes you get lucky, but for some, anything would be better than the nothing or inadequate they have now. I'd be happy with better regulation on the existing system, and something for those who can't get it now, like those working at places without any care or those who cannot get care because of prexisting conditions who don't qualify for Medicaid.

I'd also like to point out that for quite a while now you've had the gov healthcare system being run by people who hate things like gov healthcare.

17. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Oh, I know how incompetent big companies can be. However, I have worked for the government on a few levels for years, and I would much rather take my chances with private industry. Heck, after dealing with the various government run health agencies, I would rather take my chances with Bob the Backalley Surgeon with his rusty razor blade.

With all that said, I actually agree with you. I would be happy with better regulation of our existing system. It's disgusting to see people dropped from insurance because they actually tried to use it. Or denied completely because of the dreaded "pre-existing condition". I have long believed that insurance is one of the biggest scams in this country. Got three claims on auto insurance in three years? Dropped. House got the roof ripped off in a hurricane and got flooded by rain? Flood damage, not covered by homeowner's. (This one especially hit home) And yet, somehow, things are even worse if you DON'T have it.

18. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

This American isn't.

My country is embarrassing.

19. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

That rant has no logic to it. I hear right wing rants and left wing rants, and often extremist views on both sides just sound like drivel.

One could take an extreme view and form a proper argument, but this rant sounds like somebody who is in need of hospitalization. I once knew a person who wrote similar rants and eventually came up with the ultimate conspiracy ... that Barney the dinosaur was the anti-Christ. At this point, he started receiving pretty good sized checks from the state and made more money than his restaurant job and what I paid him as my employee, combined.

20. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

If I read this with my Lawyer hat on, my responsse would be: "There is a flaw in your logic."

Rant indeed, complete absence of coherent point. Give me a bullet list.