Some people are just idiots, like this guy

jav6454

macrumors P6
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Seriously, how bad can intolerance reach that even one of the greatest inventions of this modern world has to be tainted? And so what if the guy was gay? He made one of the best things ever.

On a side note, the British government formally 'apologized' for his murder. Although I think it was more or a formality than a real apology.

As$ holes like this make the world a horrible place.

Attachments

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Maybe, if we tell them, that the inventors of the the hand placard and sandwich board were gay people protesting the government for marriage rights, they'll be forced to shut the hell up?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
If you take a look at a higher resolution version of the picture you can see a web address on the placard.

How are you supposed to visit their web site if you've destroyed the computer?

Stupid! :rolleyes:

Stupid.png

That-Is-Bull

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
In this age of idiocy and intolerance, it really would not surprise me that stuff like that and worse is real. And yes, it's real.
Unless you have some kind of proof, I don't believe it. If you were on a redneck wingnut forum full of the people in the crowd that guy's in, and you saw some random person post this:

Destroy the computer!
A homosexual invention by Alan Turing. Who cares if he cracked the German enigma code and won World War II.
IT'S A HOMO'S DEVIL MACHINE!
would you really think it wasn't sarcasm? It just seems extremely obvious to me. Plus if that person was being serious there would probably be more spelling/grammar mistakes and they'd use "queer" or something instead of "homosexual."

jav6454

macrumors P6
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Unless you have some kind of proof, I don't believe it. If you were on a redneck wingnut forum full of the people in the crowd that guy's in, and you saw some random person post this:

would you really think it wasn't sarcasm? It just seems extremely obvious to me. Plus if that person was being serious there would probably be more spelling/grammar mistakes and they'd use "queer" or something instead of "homosexual."
Understandable. I saw the picture in a thread in /g/. Same discussion was raging on how idiotic it looks. However, it is very plausible that he wrote homosexual. After all, we have seen pictures with the words in a Placard that read:

"Homosexuals are Gay"

Really now? If I see people with placards like that one, I can surely see this guy.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Without any context I would say it is hard to draw any real conclusions

But my initial reaction is that it is one nutcase using satire to make fun of other nutcases

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Since we're all confused on the gender of the person holding the sign in question, I would reckon a guess it's satire as well. ;)