Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyemacg5

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2006
Derbyshire, England
Don't entirely understand this... do you get all 13 of the apps for 13$ or just the 4 they have revealed or is it you pay 13$ and get the 4 revealed and 9 more but you dont get to know what the 9 more are until you have purchased?

Tafkas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Princeton, NJ
So far the applications are:

• DEVONthink Personal
  • Disco
  • AppZapper
  • RapidWeaver
  • Home Business Trio 2007
  • iClip 4

+ 7 applications upcoming.

Tafkas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Princeton, NJ
The only problem I am concerned about is, that there will be only three minutes of buying time. Maczot is going to explode under the weight of people hitting refresh every few seconds!

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Cool idea, but there's not a single app on that list that even remotely interests me. :( Most of them seem sort of 2nd-rate. There's a few good ones on there, but nothing I would use, and many of them have great freeware alternatives.

eyemacg5

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2006
Derbyshire, England
Cool idea, but there's not a single app on that list that even remotely interests me. :( Most of them seem sort of 2nd-rate. There's a few good ones on there, but nothing I would use, and many of them have great freeware alternatives.

But rapidweaver is amazing you must agree, no? Yes I know you will say code your own site and yes I have but just use rapidweaver for my blog and the trial is running out soon so I'm happy.

Tafkas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Princeton, NJ
But there are applications that are alone worth the 13 USD. I am not dying for these apps but at least AppZapper and Rapid Weaver got my attention.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
But rapidweaver is amazing you must agree, no? Yes I know you will say code your own site and yes I have but just use rapidweaver for my blog and the trial is running out soon so I'm happy.

Oh I agree, if you want a WYSIWYG editor for basic web sites RapidWeaver is fantastic. That's one of those good ones I was talking about that I wouldn't use. I work on PHP and Rails sites and code everything by hand -- it's much faster for me with TextMate.

But there are applications that are alone worth the 13 USD. I am not dying for these apps but at least AppZapper and Rapid Weaver got my attention.

AppZapper has freeware alternatives. One of them is uApp. It's higher rated than AppZapper on Macupdate.

ZeeG

macrumors member
May 24, 2005
> Sorry! Connection to Database not available

Truly, Friday the 13th is unlucky...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.