Some Perspective of the Success of the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AldoRay, Jan 30, 2011.

1. AldoRay macrumors member

I found this interesting.....

"The latest entry — the iPad, introduced in April — is on track to deliver $15 billion to $20 billion in revenue in its first full year of sales, estimates A. M. Sacconaghi, an analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein. At that size, if the iPad were a stand-alone company, it would rank within the top third of the Fortune 500."

-Steve Lohr-The New York Times

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Remembering that if iPad was not called iPad and was made by a totally different company, and yet the exact same device, it would not have sold a fraction of the units it has actually sold.

3. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

It couldn't happen because they sold their app/iTunes marketplace as part of the sale. The device is more than the sum of its parts, it is part of an ecosystem....the iPhone/Touch success breeded the success of the iPad. I own a lot of PCs, and would have looked at the iPad if it came from Microsoft, but then you wonder how you would use it. Apple had an answer, you use it like your iPhone, but the bigger screen makes everything better. Pretty easy to grasp.

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

What is the criteria for Fortune 500, I wonder..

5. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

Says something about Apple's wonderful marketing strategies and reputation for above standard products and customer support with the consumers, doesn't it? ****, dumbass.:eek:

6. MagnumOP macrumors regular

Fortune 500 Companies are the top 500 US companies in terms of market capitalization. Market cap equals share price times shares outstanding.