Some Sanders supporters say it’s ‘Bernie or Bust’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 28, 2016.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

A vote for Clinton is a vote for Bush.

A vote for Clinton is a vote for the Necons, the banksters and the Saudis.

If you are a Bernie supporter, there is no way you can ever vote for Clinton.
    She stands for the precise opposite of what Bernie stands for.

3. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Clinton may be bad, but if we can't get positive change it would be better to keep things the same than to try to destroy the country like Trump would.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

Clinton will continue to destroy not just the country, but the entire world.

Just like her friends Bush and Obama.

6. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

how the hell are you going to get positive change knowing Clinton is bad? this election IS AWESOME, FIRST time I see BOTH sides having the power to stick it to the establishment & you guys are still thinking of voting the "lesser" evil

[​IMG]

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

true, but i wont vote for trump either if its trump v. hillary. just gonna sit this one out

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

Amen.

My opinion of the average voter gets lower and lower everytime a read posts supporting Clinton and Bush.

No wonder Trump has to talk BS 50% of the time.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 28, 2016 ---
    That's fair enough.

9. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

I can understand that.

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

It's interesting to note that I thought trump was pretty cool before he ran for president actually. But, just not impressed with his rhetoric. I don't buy Meister's argument that he /has/ to talk complete BS to his voter base. Seems a bit disingenuous to me. Sure Bernie will definitely piss some voters off, but he's saying he wants to do in terms of policy. It is funny to hear Trump make fun of people, but gets old pretty quickly. Also I think he needs to take some lessons in public speaking.

That said, if Trump is elected, I'm totally willing to change my mind about him provided he shows some results; currently though, I just can't support him.

As for Hillary...just not feeling her. It's good when people change their mind about things when they are more informed, but it's pretty obvious that she says anything to be elected (I think anderson cooper asking her that direct question in a debate was pretty awesome). Her events in which people have to pay $100k+ to get in are just laughable too. Who does she think she's fooling.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

As it should be. Hillary is just another neocon corporatist chicken hawk.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Sanders would bring positive change. Clinton would not. Clinton would continue the stagnation that we have had for the past few administrations. The alternative to the Democratic nominee (either Clinton or Sanders) is Trump. Trump would create lasting damage to the country. If Sanders is not nominated we have the choice between more of the same with Clinton or creating lasting damage with Trump. Out of those two options more of the same is better since we then have a chance to improve things with the next president.

13. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

congress would block just about anything Trump would try. Feel the Bern man.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I think the stagnation and obstruction going on in Washington is causing lasting damage itself, and I can't for the life of me see how electing Hillary to continue this would do any good at all.

At least if Trump does a bunch of dumb ****, the D's could run a good candidate in 4 years and win in a landslide.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Not necessarily. They are all Republicans so likely some of them at least will go along with him. Trumps rise has been a lot like Hitler's, and some Germans may have thought that he parliament would have blocked Hitler's more extreme ideas and we can see how that worked out. I wouldn't gamble on Congress blocking Trump.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    They'd do the same thing to Bernie. Or even Hillary. Probably even Cruz. All four of our top nominations for the presidency aren't well liked in congress.

17. hulugu, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Unfortunately, both Trump and Sanders would likely to blocked by a recalcitrant Congress. Voters need to understand that the House and Senate are also up for election—more than one-third of the Senate is up for grabs—and vote accordingly.

Moreover, while Trump and Sanders have come to represent dipoles of the anti-establishment brand, I still don't think that voters should choose Trump because he's the most unserious candidate for president since Ross Perot.

He's a flashy branding expert who's managed to find rhetorical gold by kicking downward.

That he's grabbed onto anti-establishment thinking just shows that he understand the pulse of an angry demographic, but some close time with him and his campaign shows he clearly has no idea how to govern.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Unlike the Weimar Republic, blocking is not only expected of our congress, but also what they do best!

Cuz they sure as **** don't do much of anything else.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Trump would likely get to appoint a couple Supreme Court justices over the course of a term. Even if the Republicans give in on Garland and that spot closes there are several justices that are quite old. I wouldn't trust Trump to nominate qualified justices. And Trump would do far more damage than the current obstructionism. Even if the democrats are as obstructive as the Republicans Trump could still use executive orders to do terrible things.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Absolute nonsense. Bush made some horrible mistakes but he wasn't out to destroy the world. And Obama hasn't destroyed anything. Hillary won't either. Trump on the other hand could do some real damage with his self centered narssistic personality. Brash arrogance + a sense of entitlement + an inability to apologize or think he is ever wrong + lack of real knowledge on things = disaster.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Which would be a good time to point out that a huge chunk of Congress can be thrown out by their districts this year if they choose to....

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

If Trump wins the Republican primaries, gets elected, and ends up being even a halfway decent president, I'll happily come in here, and say I was wrong.

I'll still take issue with the tactics he used to rise to the position, but my position will become less of a "Trump is a dangerous demagogue", and more "...did the ends justify the means". Even if he ends up being more Bernie Sanders than even Bernie Sanders, he got into his position by twanging on some very raw nerves that won't quit hurting the moment he stops plucking at them. He might've opened the door on something very, very ugly.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 28, 2016 ---
    They can be, but chances are pretty slim they will be. The attitudes of the voting public regarding congress tends towards the opposite of their attitudes concerning the presidency. It's why we usually end up with a Republican congress when a Democrat is in office, and vice versa. If we go with one of the so called anti-establishment presidents, expect changes in congress to be very conservative.

23. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

Hillary will get them to continue down the same path, Feel the Bern man.

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Out of the 4 of them Bernie has the best chance to make things happen. He's worked with people from both sides of the aisle in Congress more than any of the others by far.

25. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

that would be AWESOME, at the same time replace them with who? BOTH dems & repubs are pretty worthless, at least the ones who toe the lines favoring whatever the "party" WANTS instead of what the country NEEDS.