Some trivial dual monitor q's?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lulla01, Jan 7, 2009.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Im currently using my unibody 15 inch mBP to run a dual screen setup.
    The macbook is my one monitor and then i have a 23 external HP

Now a few questions... can i get them to have different screensavers?
    also can i get the task bar (File edit) the finder bar on both screens also a dock on both screens using either third party apps or terminal commands.

if you guys want post some of your dual monitor setups and how ur screens look im fairly new at this.

THANKS!!:)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Screen savers are a trifling relic left over from the days of the CRT display. Since leaving an image up on a CRT for a prolonged time caused burn-in, screen savers were created to "save" your screen from this burn-in; they made images constantly move.

Now, with the proliferation of LCD monitors, screen savers are no longer necessary, and are in fact detrimental to the life of your display. Since LCDs are not subject to burn-in, the only thing a screen saver does is wear down the life of your monitor's backlight.

The best thing to do is simply tell your display to turn itself off before going to sleep instead of using a screen saver.

The Mac You Know™

3. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

k got that part solved the major q's are the dock and taskbar

4. kostia macrumors regular

You can set it to "mirror" the displays so that the Dock and taskbar appear on both, but then EVERYTHING will appear on both. As far as I know, the taskbar and Dock go on one, and the other is an extension of its "real estate." There's no way to have two taskbars and two Docks except if you also have the same view on both screens.

5. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

so theres no third party app solution to this issue?>

i would call it an issue its distracting not to have docks and taskbars on both

6. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

there's a thread of pictures of dual monitor setups in the community/picture thread.