Some weird bugs with 2.2.1 ive noticed the last couple of days!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Noticed that on 2.2.1, your iphone will freeze randomly, and you wont know it till you try to use it. Ive had this happen 3 times, where i take out my iphone, and the phone is stuck on a dead black screen, if you try to turn it on maybe thinking it just turned off, it wont work. You have to do a hard reset for 10 seconds, then only the apple logo will come up.

Today when i was leaving class and walking to my car, this dude just quickly walks up to me, and gets close fast and says "My phone wont turn on", he didnt have his phone out yet so im like, is he gonna try to stab me, or just steal my phone!? Takes his phone at, and has the same problem as me, so obviously its not just my phone.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

:eek: May I suggest...running away?

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This is really strange. I just don't know what else to say...

4. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

If it is what think I have learned about this phone, it's that every person seems to have issues that others don't.

This has never happened to me and I installed 2.2.1 the day it came out.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

You never had some random dude come up to you and tell you his phone is broken? ;)

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Used to happen to me all the time on 1.1.4 but never once since I upgraded :D

7. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

LOL...

Nope, not that either. :D

8. LinMac macrumors 65816

I don't have a lot of iPhones to test for reference, but my iPhone and iPhone 3G don't have this problem. I just called a friend to ask if his has had that problem, but he hadn't experienced it.

Have you tried to do a full restore?

9. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I've noticed a new bug, anyone see this?

Keyboard icons don't highlight or get bigger when you type sometimes.

It fixes itself if you hit home and go back to what your doing, but never saw that before.

10. LinMac macrumors 65816

What program(s) are you using when you see this error?

11. macfearless macrumors regular

i haven't even upgraded to the newest update and mine has been doing that for about a month now. It does it while texting and in Safari... pretty annoying.

12. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

gah! I hate that issue! I can't stand it, it makes it next to impossible to type in passwords.

13. svndmvn Guest

it's a 2.2 safari bug I used to have a lot more..less in 2.2.1 now

14. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Typing issue, usually Safari.

Glad other people are having the same issue. Well not glad, but at least it's wide spread so it might be addressed someday :)

15. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's been happening to me since 2.2 (in Safari only). Still does it in 2.2.1. I'm hoping for a fix soon.

16. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

This happened to me once on 2.2.1.
    I've never had it feeze, but it did just shut off randomly.
    Only thing that really pissed me off is, it took me like half an hour to get the damn thing to restart!:eek:

17. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Anyone ever go to unlock their phone by pressing the home button... then realize the screen didn't come on, so you press it again and the screen comes on and goes back out... so you press it again and the screen finally comes on? This has happened on all my iPhones and my girlfriend's iPhone.

18. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I haven't encountered this bug but I have had another one.

My phone will ring but the screen remains off. If I turn the phone on to answer the call it doesn't show I have a call. It keeps ringing with no way to answer and then goes to email.

19. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Yep! It's not a major issue and I've noticed this since 2.0. I think it might just be a little slow response time, too much memory being used, or maybe telling it to do too many things at once.

20. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yah i've had the problem for awhile. Sometimes I have to hook it up to a power source for it to pop on.

I think it happens when it's grabbing or checking mail so it's all busy and starts getting laggy between button presses.

21. diggator macrumors member

diggator

Im having some problems also... Seeing the same as mentioned above (hitting keys and not seeing the number display, etc.. Sudden lock up - ) But most recently last night, the phone got super super hot when charging - then its telling me that i have 10% batter left, while its on the charger... Never happened before...

22. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I think you're probably going to be heading back to the Apple shop judging by previous threads about that problem

23. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I haven't noticed any difference since upgrading.