some wierd folder just appear in my trash out of nothing?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Twe Foju, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

so today, when i was starting up my MBP, i noticed that the Trash icon was filled with 1 "recovered Files" folder, inside the folder contain another folder named plugtmp and inside is a file "or-iring-sony230x75.swf", it's a flash document

what's weird is, my trash were empty all the time, i know it because i never leave anything on the trash, so basically, anything which goes to the trash can, i remove them permanently, but today this folder appear out of nowhere

my question is, where does this files come from? why was it recovered? i dont remember doing anything that needs to be recovered, is it safe to just delete it?

because before this folder appeared, all i did was just browsing through Firefox, and no, im sure it's not from firefox, and plus, i dont have any flash software either, so where it come from?

anybody know the problem?

thanks

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

3. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

It usually only happens after a crash (could be from a single application or from a system-wide crash).

Would happen since the olden days of OS 9. I always delete them; I'm under the impression that they're only useful if you had an unsaved document open that you need to recover, or if you're perhaps trying to debug and find the source of the crash.

4. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju