Somebody please tell apple to stop the resizing of the tabs in the new safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DoNoHarm, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Am I the only one who thinks they had the tab behavior perfect in the last safari? The tabs generally stayed small, so if you had to close a tab that wasn't the left most tab, you could repeatedly click the x in the same spot as some of the tabs collapsed. While this new tabs at the top thing is pretty cool, I wish they kept the behavior of those tabs the same.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Use Command+W to close tabs/windows. It's far easier than using a mouse.

3. danb77 macrumors 6502

I like this new behaviour. ;-)

If you put in a feature request with the GLIMS crew, I bet they will be able to magic up an option which suits you.

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Why don't you tell them yourself?:confused: :)

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

file a bug report to apple.

i mentioned in another post, current tabbar/titlebar design in 4b should be improved before final.

op touched upon another issue, changing tab width require mice users to practice more targeted clicking. the corner of the tab is always changing, so is the tab itself. Its backward developing.

also safari 4b is not doing anybody any good to break the common usage of tabs by all other browsers. In IE, Firefox, Opera, safari 3.x, Chrome, Camino, etc, everybody's tab is to be dragged for rearrangement. exactly why safari 4b have to break up with it?

take a look at opera, it used to have strange hotkeys, and since ver8, it has been converge with other browsers.

take a look at safari 3, it allowed open new tab by double clicking tabbar, just like all other browsers.

in this time of age, to intentionally introduce a learning curve, just isn't smart. There might well be 20 million users who are willing to change, but when so many choice are readily available, there are people there would rather to save some energy.

I have no problem if apple just want to put tab on top. but hey, give it a better design.

6. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Command + W has changed my life! Is there anywhere where i can get a list of shortcuts for each program on my mac?

7. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

How do you file a bug report? I thought you needed to be a developer to do that...

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Click the bug in the top right corner of Safari 4.

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yeah, there's a great website called google.com . try searching for "OS X keyboard shortcuts."