Somebody tell me how to stop annoying itunes music folder duplicate

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chilman, Feb 18, 2017.

1. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

After each time I add new songs though itunes to a music folder , ex: folder "My hits". After click sync to put new songs in this folder, a duplicate folder will appear ex: "My hits 1" on my a library playlist. I don't know why this happen and I must delete every duplicate folder manually. How to solve this problem these unwanted duplicates? Need your help

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Could you tell me how you put a song into "a folder" through iTunes? As far as I know, only playlist has "folder" to hold multiple playlists. Unless you manually manage your music, I don't know a way to put music into a folder using iTunes.

3. pippakay macrumors member

pippakay

i can't answer it, but i'm glad you asked the question...i have the same issue.

in my case, it's not just new songs i've added to a folder, it's anytime i delete a song on my phone and then sync to the computer later. it creates a new folder 'car songs 1' including all the songs in 'car songs' plus the one i deleted. anyone?

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Oh. If this is the issue same as OP, then, current solution is to not modify playlist on device, but only through iTunes. This way, duplicates will not be added, at least for me.

And, seems that "folder" is actually playlist. Maybe I was wrong though.

5. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502a

Phil in ocala

APPLE WANTED ME TO TELL YOU....it will be fixed in iTunes update 29

6. chilman thread starter macrumors regular

chilman

Oh really? So this has been an on going known problem? How is apple going to fix it? A new itunes update perhaps? Thats a relief. Thx

7. pippakay macrumors member

pippakay

i'm pretty sure Phil in ocala was being facetious.