Someone is selling a 2.6ghz Core i7 17" MBP for $1300

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by louis0nfire, Sep 9, 2011.

1. louis0nfire macrumors 6502

On craigslist. Is this too good to be true? It was listed at 1500 but I talked him down to $1300. should I go check it out?

2. Alexjones, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

Alexjones macrumors 6502

Wow, Impressive. Apple store is selling a 17 incher MBP @ $2,499 . I think i will stick with Apple.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do you not read the other CL nightmares on this forum alone?
    :rolleyes:

4. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

I'd check it out, and make sure nothing is wrong with it. If it's really $1300, buy it.

5. kgallag1 macrumors member

Craigslist

If the guy is willing to meet face to face and allow you to verify the serial number of the laptop, go for it. If not, give it a pass. If he asks you to mail money anywhere in the world, forget about it; it's a scam

6. Liquinn, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011

Liquinn Suspended

To the OP, check it out. Or maybe buy a refurbished one from Apple, to be safe.

7. anhhungcodoc macrumors newbie

meet up at apple store and ask the genius check it for u :D

8. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

I see brand new 15" i7 all the time on CL for $600. Anyone that would truly sell one of these for that low of a price, has had their logic portion of their brain removed.

On another note, post the ad. I want to read exactly how they describe the product. I buy all the time off CL, and it usually is an Apple product. I find that these people are definitely not your typical craigslister.

9. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Hey, some people just have the money and are willing to get rid of things they don't need; living in a town with 2 college, there are a plethora of phones and computers being sold for cheap on CL; I never buy, but it's obvious as to why they're there.

10. realchimera macrumors regular

Wow nice. Arbitrage and free lunch do exist in real life. Textbooks are all wrong!

11. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Or they removed the logic board portion of the laptop removed ;)

I don't trust Craigslist; Ebay is much safer.
    If you must, then meet up with the seller and check the serial number. Make sure you open up the back panel to see none of the components (e.g. RAM) are missing.

12. likers macrumors newbie

I've just saw the 15" apple MacBook pro - $310 on craigslist......the guy said he need money and the macbook is what he won......LOL

13. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

Listen, you can go on ebay, and get iphones for $50 each (granted they're 3GS, iphone 4's run $100-$200 depending on capacity).

All you really have to do is refresh this page (constantly) for a couple hours, and you'll eventually get a heck of a deal on something. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_B...&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

You have to be quick, some auctions end in less than 15 seconds if it's a really insane price. You'll have no time to read the description, and barely enough time to glimpse at the photo -- it's basically a race to click the "Commit to buy" button before anyone else.

The early hours of the morning are the best time to do this, since most east coast buyers are asleep, and west coast purchasing companies (that use bots) are closing.

14. Symbolism macrumors newbie

Those "$600" MBPs or MBAs always end up as a scam/advertising effort. Once you email them, they reply something along the lines of "Hey, it's already sold! But you can get it for cheap too from (Insert Scam Website)."

It usually ends up being those scam auction websites where bidding costs a dollar each time or something like that.