someone make me feel better anyone not buying one that doesnt have one

Discussion in 'iPad' started by penfan82, Mar 11, 2011.

1. penfan82 macrumors regular

well been looking at the ipad since they were released and now with the release today of ipad 2 im trying my best to justify to hubby the 500.00 price but he's not budging... anyone out there not have an ipad and not able to get one today? I need to feel better....:(

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm not. A little too much money for another toy.

3. AK10R macrumors regular

Easy one….. no money, no honey…. He’ll buy you the 3G wifi 64 for sure. At least I would for my wife…..

Now if I could just figure out how to get my wife to budge so I may get one…….
    :rolleyes:

4. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Honestly if money were an issue I would have no problems paying $349 for a refurb 16GB from Apple. You should do the same. You should be able to easily justify the $349 price to your husband.

I've saved play money up and a bunch of gift cards to be able to justify paying for my iPad 2 which is something I want and don't need.

5. Jcoz macrumors 6502

I was able to swing it on the premise I will be using it for work.

Have you worked all possible angles, lol?

Its a negotiation, there must be a few things (besides the obvious) that he wants....I wouldn't give up. ;)

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, you gotta use your feminine persuasion. It's our kryptonite. No matter how hard we want to say "no" after that we always say "yes". Ha. If that doesn't work though maybe he's at least go for a discounted or refurbed Gen 1? Use that as a "gateway drug". He'll get addicted to iOS and no prob when iPad 3 comes out. Good luck.

7. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There will be a better one next year!

Save $2 every day for the next year and you will have saved enough to buy one next year :)

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I've got the opposite issue: the trouble-and-strife is admonishing me to exercise patience (even though, being a teacher, she'd probably end up using it more than me).

At least she's fiscally responsible. ;)

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm holding off myself. I'm content with the iPad 1.

10. Jcoz macrumors 6502

I'm not trying to be a jerk for no reason, but just what in the hell does that have to do with the OP's scenario?

11. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

K, I'm sure you like to consult with your husband before making any purchases but do you really need his permission to spend your own money?
    Just saying..

12. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

If you can save $20 - $10 a week from your household budget, you will have the money in 6 - 12 months. If your budget is too tight to do that, then your husband is just being fiscally responsible. He really loves you very much.

By holding off on the iPad2, you will be ready to buy the iPad3, which should be awesome !

13. outz macrumors 6502

usually when you're married it's good practice to talk over purchases of a certain magnitude with your significant other since it's not just your money anymore... plus none of us really know the financial situation of op.

14. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Because many couples have set a limit to how much they can spend without both agreeing to it.

15. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I understand this.
    But what I'm saying is that, if they have some spare money, why should her husband be the sole dictator in the decision to get an iPad?
    Like you mentioned, outz, we really don't know their financial situation (nor do I want to know--none of my business) but I was just trying to say should she be able to make her own decisions. She's a big girl! :rolleyes:

16. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I can get one today but I'm going to wait until next week and get one on my birthday. I've gone this long without one another week won't matter.

17. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

this will cheer you up (or make you more depressed and sympathize for me)

im in the same zone.. i asked my dad for a lovely iPad 1st gen [the second gen is bleh to me), and the day i convinced him to get it for me, the $349 Apple refurb for the 165GB went "bye-bye" lol...

now i dont want this to sound like my dad is "mean" or anything, he just thinks for the best.. i mean he gave me a huge lecture on well not buying the iPad cuz i already have a MBP[just recently bought too]...

so now for the past couple of days i have been arguing with myself over whether to buy an iPad or not, and right now im soo confused.. i can get one for a decent price, but im afraid they will run out.

but for you, trust me on this one.. you dont need it right now, wait till the refurb model comes out, ti will be about $429 and your hubby might be in a better mood..

18. penfan82 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks to all of you for your responses .... so hubby finally gave the ok but by the time i got out of work best buy was sold out and i didnt feel like going all over town to find one... im reading pros and cons and decided i will probably wait for the initial hoopla to be over before i make my decision.. of course now im having issues in my own mind justifying the price. thanks again for embracing me on my first post to this forum... you all seem like great folks