Someone selling Position Number 4 in iPad queue on eBay

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I don't see anything wrong with it. Dude got into position 4 in the queue, others did not.

Anyway, I would not buy that spot, but if others are willing to then what's the problem?

I don't see this eBay auction going anywhere though. I suspect someone could put in BS bids, be a deadbeatbidder and then by the time the iPad is released the guy will not have his money for the spot haha

TheKricket

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with that at all - that person is simply selling their services (waiting in line for you).

If people are willing to pay - why not - it's not like it means line-cutting or anything of that nature...

ultravioletfly

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
"I took my place by mistake in the queue two days ago not realising it was the queue for the new Apple iPad 3 to be released in UK on 16th March."

As pointed out a few posts above this,
How the heck does that happen?

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
well I say lets bid this thing up .

The annoying thing about ebay (for sellers) is that nothing is done to deadbeat bidders who just decide not to pay. A warning or something, but thats it.

Damn, I tried but you cant bid from the USA :(

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Even if this were legit, I can't imagine the other people in the line behind the person who wins this auction will be very happy. I can imagine it ending badly for both the buyer and seller...

3dflyboy1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2011
California, USA
"A cup of coffee and a muffin will also be greatly appreciated upon arrival. A sleeping bag (used) can be provided for £30 (not included in the auction)."

lol :D

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
I still find it hard to comprehend that someone is willing to pay over £100 to get in a line when tesco is selling them at midnight probably with no lines! :eek:

BBman

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2012
Who sleeps outside a store for two days accidentally?

This guy is lying through his teeth, why can't he just be straight forward and just sell the spot without stupid excuses.:rolleyes:

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
I took my place by mistake in the queue two days ago not realising it was the queue for the new Apple iPad 3

as many have quoted, funny lol!! reminds me of The Committments when they had auditions and one came to the door saying, I only queued up because I thought you were selling drugs...lol!!

All you wanna do is ride around Sally .... Royid...Sally Royid!!

Apple,

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I still find it hard to comprehend that someone is willing to pay over £100 to get in a line when tesco is selling them at midnight probably with no lines! :eek:
Does anyone know how they got on selling this, did it make much money?

Last I saw it was upto £70

Trauma1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
This is nothing new.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/drama_builds_on_apple_store_line_caPvmvgDxBQI2Uqsji01gN

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1114241

Instead, she posted her seat on Craigslist and other listing websites, and eventually sold her spot for $900 in cash to Hazem Sayed, the developer of the iPhone and iPad application AskLocal. The application allows users to "check in" at random locations, where people nearby can post comments or advice. He said he planned to get people in line to use the app throughout the day.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I took my place by mistake in the queue two days ago not realising it was the queue for the new Apple iPad 3

as many have quoted, funny lol!! reminds me of The Committments when they had auditions and one came to the door saying, I only queued up because I thought you were selling drugs...lol!!
ROFLMAO!

Oh yeah, I always just join lines not knowing what they are for LOL