Someone stole my iPod Touch, should I just bite the bullet and buy a 2G touch now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by magiic, Oct 13, 2008.

1. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

I am currently traveling in New Zealand and I believe some very ballsy individual stole my iPod Touch from me while I was sleeping. All I know is that I went to bed listening to music and woke up with just my headphones. Fortunately it wasn't a huge loss as it was the freebie iPod I got from the back2school promo. It still sucks though. Anyways Im thinking maybe I will just work for my bed at the hostel Im at for a few weeks to save some money to get a 2G iPod Touch. Im trying to decide if I get it from Apple NZ or have someone at home buy it and mail it to me.

My question is though does the new iPod touch have a mic and speaker? Im more wondering about the mic and if it does have it how well does it work with Skype. Being abroad has found me using a skype a TON. I had an 8GB but Im thinking of getting a 32GB just because it's going to cost $60 to mail it here if I get it shipped from home so I may as well go big or stay home.

One last point is there anything to be gained by reporting the iPod stolen to apple or anything like that? How do I go about doing it?

Thanks!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I believe the Apple website has all the tech specs ;)

It has a built in speaker and volume controls on the side, the main things that people wanted. It doesn't have a built in mic, however it is compatible with headphones that have their own mic (so you can use the mic on the headphones to record stuff).

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

and maybe next time you HIDE your stuff and try not to fall asleep listenin to music :p

4. magiic thread starter macrumors regular

magiic

hmm lack of built in my mic is kind of a downer
    I was hoping to use it kind of like an iPhone on skype oh well

as for hiding my stuff better I had it in my bed with me (Im in a top bunk in a eight bed dorm room at a hostel in New Zealand) I thought it was safe but apparently not.

5. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Dude, have you seen Hostel, they are never safe! hehe, j/k but yeah, I would make sure I have my ipod hidden while sleeping.

6. magiic thread starter macrumors regular

magiic

I can only assume I shifted in my sleep because when I started it was on my chest under the covers. I guess the guy could of just seen the headphones and been really ballsy.

On the topic of hostel if I had a dime for everytime that movie has been referenced when I tell people Im staying hostels I'd have atleast $10 by now :p