Someone turns down £5000 for spot inline?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedamon, Sep 21, 2013.

1. thedamon macrumors newbie

LOL, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I thought this was hilarious. I'm a big Apple fan and all, but who in their right mind would turn down £5000 for their spot for a phone launch?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s-hotly-anticipated-new-iPhone-live-hype.html

Noah Green, 17, was the first in the queue, having only left his vigil to shower at a nearby gym since setting up camp outside the store at 4pm on Monday.
    Emerging from the store 20 minutes after the doors opened to rapturous applause, Noah, clutching a limited edition gold device, said: 'It's the best feeling in the world.
    'I'm the first in the United Kingdom and I have the best phone.'
    The teenager said he turned down offers of up to £5,000 for his prime spot in the queue, saying he would only consider giving up his place for £10,000.

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

At 17, I'd have taken £5k easily! Then turned to number two or three, offer them £2.5k for their place and see their response! :p lol

4. thedamon thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd do it for £1000. I mean seriously, it's a freaking phone.

5. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

that's what you call not knowing what reality it. seriously - for 5000 pounds, you wouldn't give up your spot. i would do it in a heart beat. with that money i can just wait a month to get what i want and still come out ahead.

6. polzii macrumors 6502

7. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

8. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

The crazy thing is the guy who offered the money. I wonder how far down the line he went with his offer before someone let him in?

9. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

the guy is crazy enough to offer him 5000 and he thinks there's another crazier person to offer him 10000. tsk tsk tsk. what i am seeing here is he is the crazy one for not accepting 5000.

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

That story isn't true, it's just click-bate. :rolleyes:

It's the Daily Mail afterall.

I wouldn't do it either. Like honestly, taking money from a stranger? Especially THAT kind? That's asking for lots of trouble.

11. thedamon thread starter macrumors newbie

12. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Well, cool. But still, it would have been an issue for both the guy giving him the money, and the guy taking the money.

They let me cut through the store at the iPhone 4 launch (because my dad had to sort out his late payment at the AT&T store and come back so it would pass the security check), and some guy went psycho bananas yelling at security about it.

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Your getting caught up in the logistics and analysing the situation.

He guy was probably caught up in the hype of the situation without even thinking how the exchange would happen. He will regret this day big time , sometime next week, unless he comes from a rich family.

14. OVERTASK macrumors 6502

OVERTASK

If he'd come from a wealthy family one would hope his parents would have taught him basic business sense. Take the 5000£ then go down the line and offer 1000£, even 500£ would easily work.

15. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

I would have just offered to buy a phone for him for £5000!! Were you not allowed to buy 2??

16. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

When he offered 5000 pounds he meant his fat sister not dollars.