Someone wants to buy my android today, should I get an iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacChinoNyc, May 7, 2011.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

And if so, should I get a white one? :D

any ex-android/blackberry or anyone want to give me some advice as to the pros and cons?

Oh and of course will I be able to root it, no issues?

2. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

Yes. Get whatever color you can. White might get dirty quickly though.

but yeah thats me. iPhone > Android

3. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

I did it this week, and have fallen deeply in love with my white 32 gb i4. I am so happy I dropped using that battery sucking not-so-seamless- Android. iPhone is much smoother, makes more intuitive sense ala Windows v. Mac can for some, and is so much higher quality build and feature set it isn't even a question. I went wild on being obsessed wit it this week and enjoying the heck out of every minute. Just my .02. Good luck in your decision.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

I sold my droid x to get the iphone 4. Glad I did. Iphone has a more smooth OS without the laginess of an android phone. Plus its great for netflix and displaying video on HDTV in 720p. The X could not do that. I also prefer the ease with listening to my music,etc. One thing e X did excell at is the clarity of phone calls. That is one thing motorola is better than anyone else. Got $225 for my X.

5. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

yeah seriously. my roomate has a droid and while its decent, he seriously is charging his phone like every 15 min. Every time we go anywhere and he wants to use his phone the battery is at like 10% lol

I'm always just like, well that sucks, i've been watching videos and listening to MLB audio all day and I've still got 50%:D

6. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

There are 100s of threads over this. Sure try an iphone out if you don't like it then sell it or return it.

7. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

If you dont like it then dont come in. I rather start my own than hijack someone else's and those threads may be old. Older opinions, I wanted to hear recent opinions geared towards me. Thanks.

8. ATC macrumors 6502a

Not sure about coming from an Android (never really had one) but I was a heavy BB user for years, moved from BB Bold 9000 to iP4 and it's been smooth sailing - I'd never go back to a BB.

The battery life is great on my iPhone (def beats my 9000), the software updates being directly from Apple rather than my wireless service provider (in the case of a BB) is huge IMO and well I could go on and on but what's the point? ;)

The only thing I miss is BBM mostly because I have a lot of family contacts all over the world but if the rumours are true that we might see a BBM service for iOS and Android in the future then I’d be set in that regard.

9. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Amen.

10. Vegastouch, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I wouldnt. Id wait til the next iPhone comes out if you want one but at the pace Android is banging out new phones, iPhone will always be behind as they are already.

11. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

If you're not going to help the guy in your post, then why bother?

I've owned a iPhone, switched to a Droid, and then quickly switched back to an iPhone 4. (Switched after 4 months) I would recommend making the switch. As for the colour in which you want... Both look nice, but I've found the white gets pretty dirty. Especially with any screen care on the device. I wonder if the device will start to yellow over a year or two.