Something everyone can be happy about

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Apr 8, 2014.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

For once we agree.

From the transcript of the big guy in the Capt. America costume:

As sad as MAS370 is, I couldn't help but smirk at this comment.

BL.

2. dec. Suspended

dec.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

It was there, just as much as the opposing side's right to free assembly and speech was there as well. It just so happened that there were more people assembled and vocal on the other side.

If anything, My applause goes to the local LEOs that were there. We know bloody well that their lives were affected by that tornado just as much as every other resident there, yet they still protected Westboro's right to assemble and protest, though they probably didn't want to. But they did it anyway.

BL.

4. dec. Suspended

dec.

That's very true in this case.

I don't disagree that it might have been quite emotional for the LEOs too, I'm glad they were able to do their job.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the public opposition that the "Westboro Baptist Church" is facing, it probably didn't help them to not only target gays but extend their pickets to funerals of marines etc.. In general I just wonder where the line is drawn between your average "religious" person or a "Dynasty Duck Phil" who claim that their "god" disagrees with gays and their "sinful lives" on one side and a "Westboro Baptist Church"-member who holds up a sign "god hates fags" and becomes more outspoken about it under the premise of "freedom of speech" on the other side, to the point where they are being called a "problem".