Something is loose [iP4S]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bruleke, Jan 20, 2012.

1. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

Do this: tap with your finger on the Apple logo, behind your iphone 4S (didnt test on iPhone 4). Do this in a quiet room.

It seems that something is loose. Is it right? Only happens when you tap this on the Apple logo or above it.

2. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

It's due to the new camera. Everyone's does it from my understanding, and it's nothing to worry about.

3. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

Does this mean that its more fragile? Since it seems like it has 'moving' parts?

4. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

auto-focus lens. No, not more fragile. it's normal.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Don't tap your phone and you won't hear it. Nothing is wrong with your phone.

6. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

It happens every time I place my phone on a table etc. It's not a big deal to me, although I can see how it would annoy some people.

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

My first phone did it... A lot. Bad. And it annoyed me. AND the biggest problem was that nobody at Verizon cared to even LOOK at it to see if it was EXCESSIVE i.e. something *may* be wrong.

I would have just lived with it if someone would have taken the time to hold my phone and tap it to confirm, "yes, that's normal"

But I said forget it... got a new phone... much less rattle (but it's still there). It IS normal but there seems to be large deviation from phone-to-phone.

p.s. called apple... they checked and asked people and checked their knowledge base and said "Nothing should be rattling... send it back". hmm.

8. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

Interesting... But does Apple know that this 'rattling' is not that loud? Maybe the noise is normal and Apple thought that its a freaking rattling noise like a car's motor eheheh. If you take to Apple, bring us the answer, ok? :)

The more moving pieces an equipment has, the more fragile it becomes.
    Specially optics. Does anybody have binoculars? If yes, so you all know that binoculars with moving zoom tend to lose focus because of the moving pieces.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I had only had my phone for like 2 days when I noticed it. Every time I sat it down. Every time I changed from one hand to the other I could hear what sounded like tiny marbles. I explained all of this to Apple. They looked into it and said get a replacement. I did that thru my carrier (verizon) since I was within my 14 days. New one still clanks a tiny bit but not NEARLY as bad. On a scale of 1-10, the first one was about an 8 or 9 in terms of rattle noise and the new one is like a 1 or 2.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This was discussed in MANY threads when the 4S first came out.

11. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

And? Are you now the 'search' police? You have added nothing.

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

Mine does it too. My other 4S did it and when apple gave me a refurb, it still did it so I'm not worried.