Something is loose [iP4S]

bruleke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Do this: tap with your finger on the Apple logo, behind your iphone 4S (didnt test on iPhone 4). Do this in a quiet room.

It seems that something is loose. Is it right? Only happens when you tap this on the Apple logo or above it.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
My first phone did it... A lot. Bad. And it annoyed me. AND the biggest problem was that nobody at Verizon cared to even LOOK at it to see if it was EXCESSIVE i.e. something *may* be wrong.

I would have just lived with it if someone would have taken the time to hold my phone and tap it to confirm, "yes, that's normal"

But I said forget it... got a new phone... much less rattle (but it's still there). It IS normal but there seems to be large deviation from phone-to-phone.

p.s. called apple... they checked and asked people and checked their knowledge base and said "Nothing should be rattling... send it back". hmm.

bruleke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
p.s. called apple... they checked and asked people and checked their knowledge base and said "Nothing should be rattling... send it back". hmm.
Interesting... But does Apple know that this 'rattling' is not that loud? Maybe the noise is normal and Apple thought that its a freaking rattling noise like a car's motor eheheh. If you take to Apple, bring us the answer, ok? :)

The more moving pieces an equipment has, the more fragile it becomes.
Specially optics. Does anybody have binoculars? If yes, so you all know that binoculars with moving zoom tend to lose focus because of the moving pieces.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Interesting... But does Apple know that this 'rattling' is not that loud? Maybe the noise is normal and Apple thought that its a freaking rattling noise like a car's motor eheheh. If you take to Apple, bring us the answer, ok? :)

The more moving pieces an equipment has, the more fragile it becomes.
Specially optics. Does anybody have binoculars? If yes, so you all know that binoculars with moving zoom tend to lose focus because of the moving pieces.
I had only had my phone for like 2 days when I noticed it. Every time I sat it down. Every time I changed from one hand to the other I could hear what sounded like tiny marbles. I explained all of this to Apple. They looked into it and said get a replacement. I did that thru my carrier (verizon) since I was within my 14 days. New one still clanks a tiny bit but not NEARLY as bad. On a scale of 1-10, the first one was about an 8 or 9 in terms of rattle noise and the new one is like a 1 or 2.