Something is wrong with my iPhone. Not reading photo storage correctly/hidden files?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Nov 10, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I don't understand where this 4GB of video is coming from. A couple days ago, I was at a Skillet concert and my 4S ran out of space so I deleted a few other videos from the Bassnectar show a few nights before and continued recording. This time, I didn't run out of space. But now, I've transferred the files to my computer and deleted them from the iPhone and look at this! It did seem like all my videos from the concert weren't there but I figured it was just 'in my head'.... what's the deal? I've restarted my phone, no difference. You're looking at my entire photo library. What gives?

Attached Files:

2. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Anyone?

And I meant 4 GB of 'photos', not videos. Which I've NEVER had that much in pics, video yes, pics no.

3. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Are you syncing any other photo albums to it from your computer?

4. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

None, the only thing I sync back and forth are contacts and music. I just take pics and videos with my phone and copy them to the desktop when I want them, then delete them off my phone.

5. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

6. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

We had similar issues with our music being flagged as other and eating up 10Gb.

I did a reset and it fixed the problem.

You can also get iPhoneExplorer and drill into the file system and delete the files manually.

7. CubusX macrumors 6502

Possibly?

Are you using photo stream? Possibly the photos are on the cloud and being pushed to your iPhone constantly.

This dosen't answer your question but I am wondering if it is a bug or something els. I am running into problems with my music, almost the same result as you. I do not have any music syned to my phone at all but I purchased an album on my computer and downloaded it to my iPhone through automatic download. It works in that aspect. But the song will not come off, even if I uncheck sync my music. The songs are in limbo... When I sync my normal music, there are placeholders for the album songs showing they need to be downloaded. How do I clear this up?

8. iBreatheApple, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

No, no photostream enabled here. :eek:

EDIT: I did a restore and it's still jacked! :mad:

Attached Files: