Something is wrong with my syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tkwolf, Jul 7, 2012.

1. tkwolf macrumors 6502

I usually manually manage my own library. i've gotten a new iphone 4s and have updated to the latets OS as well as the latest itunes version.
    The thing is, i usually uncheck the sync music option but everytime I add a new song to my library, it automatcuially shecks the sync music option like this
    [​IMG]
    and it keeps deleting all my music since i dont put songs on my itunes anymore.

what is going on? is this an iphone or itunes glitch and now, I cant even add a new playlist

2. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

You need to factory reset your iphone this is a confirmed buy

3. tkwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, I've spent hours customizing this thing, and I'm re-doing it all again. lol

4. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Lol yeah kinda sucks, but on the bright side at least its cool to start fresh! Everything will be super fast!

5. tkwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok update, i did and nothing happened.

Do I have to actually not restore my back ups for this to work, or did I do something wrong?

6. tkwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE AND YEP THE ABOVE SOLUTION WORKED!

I had to restore my iphone's factory settings. The reaosn why it didn't work out at first was because I restored the backed settings. The second time around, I chose the "new iphone" one where I had to start from scratch. Eventually, itunes restored my apps and contacts and some settings thankfully.