Something to chew on, world obesity rates.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Something to chew on, world obesity rates.

No surprise the USA has the highest obesity in world, but it is something to see how much we are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

3. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

He finally got something right

4. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I'm getting hungry after reading this.

5. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Not surprised to Colorado as the thinnest state; last time I was there it seemed like everybody was jogging or hiking or mountain climbing. It's a very active state.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Well that’s what happens when you take the fat out of foods and replace it with sugar. We’ve gotten way fatter since the war on fats a few decades ago.

7. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

It’s worth noting generally speaking obesity rate in the US, despite being too high, are slowing and even declining in some places. On the other hand, again speaking in generalities, Europe has seen a rapidly increasing obese population.

I’m not sure including countries like Bosnia and Moldova is particularly helpful for comparison, given their relative quality of life index ratings.

All that said, I believe most people don’t recieve enough exercise and eat healthy enough. And it has massive public health implications.

8. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    There is also the other side of the coin: eating disorders, ranging from binge-eating to frank starvation, with purging and other unhealthy activities in-between..... Neither situation is a healthy one, nor reflects a healthy balance in one's lifestyle.

9. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

deep south and mid-west ... well well well... flat earthers leading the way. keep it up.

10. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

It doesn't surprise me that the UK sits so high on the table. Very little provision is made for school kids to get involved in sports, and UK PE classes are legendary for being unpleasant, mostly because the teachers don't stop the kids from bullying each other.

11. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

They say if you want to look skinnier hang out with fat people. Well it looks like I'm moving to the midwest or the south.

12. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

No surprise the Southern states comprises most of the top 10. We deep fry everything...I do mean EVERYTHING.
    [​IMG]
    I'm surprised we got beaten out by West Vurginny.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Give it time, that might trend the other way depending on how many people develop the munchies.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2018 ---
    In defense of Illinois, Chicago in particular, we have the really good pizza.