Something weird just happened to my 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stephen1108, Sep 24, 2013.

1. stephen1108, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013

stephen1108 macrumors 65816

It was working fine and I left it locked for a while as I was doing other things. Minutes later as I was going to access the lock screen it was completely unresponsive and the screen was black. I had to perform a hard restart to get the phone to work again.

Has anyone had this issue with their 5s yet? Do you think it's an iOS or a hardware issue? I'm on 7.0.1 btw and if it's a hardware issue, I guess I will have to take this phone back to Apple.

I think I've experienced this on my jail broken 5 before, but I'm not too sure.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'd say its simply that iOS 7 bugs are still being ironed out. Give it time.

With my 5s I've had three separate incidents of randomness:
    - safari crash after pressing the back button
    - 5s rebooted after I pressed the home button
    - double clicked home button to change song and home went unresponsive for a few seconds but would then "catch up" of sorts

Definitely not a hardware issue though IMO.

3. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahhhhh I was thinking it's just the OS too. If problems persist after a major software update then I guess taking it in will be my option! My only qualm is I put my Spigen GLAS.t on it already . They're not reusable!

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Eek! :eek:

I'm sure it's just a OS issue, give it time for the 7.1.3 or whatever Apple pushes out eventually.

These sort of bugs happen with every new iOS release (4, 5, 6, etc).

5. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahhhhh you're probably right. That and iOS 7 was essentially redone from the ground up so there will be bugs like this.

Let's hope for the best lol, thank you for the input :D