Somethings Happened To My Iphone- Noob In Need Of Help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shahavez, Apr 4, 2010.

1. shahavez macrumors newbie

Alright guys here goes, about a month ago i baught a new iphone after saving up for it for literally months (im a student so i dont have a very high income), i kept it for a while and thought it was awesome! until my friend recommended jailbreaking, so a few youtube videos later it was jailbroken with blackra1n worked fine it was 3.1.2 then and everything was ok- until i couldn't use 3g and internet which was annoying. a message kept on coming up saying (you are not connecter to a cellular data service, i was on tesco mobile and i thaught everything was ok until this.

i got annoyd after failed attempts of trying to fix it- id tried it all. so i thaught at 3 in the morning id rather just restore it and have my old phone the way it was. it was fine and although jailbreaking sounded cool it was not worth the errors and hassle i was getting. so i tried restoring to 3.1.3 on itunes as i couldnt do it to 3.1.2 because i didnt have the old software thingy to do it and the one i got off google didnt work

now i have an unresponsive iphone that only shows an apple logo and a loading bar everytime i try to recover it, i did spend ages saving up for this and have not even let a single scratch get on it since day one and now this disaster! someone PLEASE HELP im frustrated and annoyed that nothing is working :'(

sorry for the long post but need to let it out...

2. shahavez thread starter macrumors newbie

hi applejuiced,

ive tried that and i know it is in DFU mode because i get a message saying 'itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. you must restore it before it can be used with itunes', but after itunes says restore has finished, it is still in dfu mode and the message pops up again? :S

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it doesnt do anything even after a DFU restore just bring it to Apple.
    If you got it about a month ago you're still under warranty.

4. shahavez thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah but because its jailbroken...wouldnt the warrant be viod?

5. Gatorsxrule macrumors member

If youcant use DFU they probably won't know and wouldn't be able to get it out of the screen you have now

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They wont be able to tell since it wen thru most of the restore process.