Something's not RIGHT here... My account was charged twice from ordering from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yhellotharsir, Aug 14, 2010.

1. yhellotharsir macrumors member

Please help me if you've purchased your iPhone 4 from Apple's website.

When I placed my order last month, the cost ($567 after tax) was deducted from my checking account the next day. It even showed on my online statements, CHK CARD PUR APPLE $567. It was deducted from my funds. Today I logged into my online checking account. For some WEIRD reason I have approx. $300 more in my balance than I should have... I'm sitting here wondering did I deposit a check and forget? Did I return something? I'm lost.

Going over my statements, I see ANOTHER CHK CARD PUR APPLE $567, posted a few days ago. This was when my iPhone 4 shipped. So I go to Apple's website and read their FAQ, and it says they don't actually charge you until your order has shipped.

Can somebody explain, then, WHY $567 was deducted the day after I placed my online order? WHAT is going on? I have a $900 iPad order that is also processing, and that TOO deducted $900 from my account when I ordered it. As of right NOW, I have less than $900 in my checking account. Do you mean to tell me when it ships in a few days, I'll be overdrafted, my order will be canceled, and my bank will slap me with an OD fee???

Can somebody please tell me what is going on? Am I freaking out or am I reading this wrong???

2. MacJones macrumors 6502

You should probably call customer service ASAP.