Sometimes Angela just sits there… listening… doesn't do her job!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by trololo, May 6, 2015.

1. trololo macrumors newbie

In the words of the Pixies. Where is my watch? Where is my watch?

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

It's not entirely her fault. She knew it was limit qty at first, I agree with the online only for now.

3. supermoon macrumors newbie

supermoon

Her role as retail VP is rather separate from that of the VP of operations, Jeff Williams, who oversees the supply chain and delivery of products

4. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Why are you people responding to a newbie poster named "trololo?"

No wonder there are so many trolls in this forum. It's like shooting dead fish in a barrel.

5. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Sometimes I just sit there too. It may not look like I'm doing my job but at the Executive level it's the gray matter that does the work. Do you think she is assembling watches herself?

6. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

No, but she should be. And she should fly to Shenzhen to assemble the vibration motors that are the supply-chain problem right now. Isn't that the job of the Senior Vice President of Retail and Online Sales? To ensure that product gets manufactured to meet higher than anticipated demand in the face of supplier quality issues?

This would never have happened if Steve were still alive.

7. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Yes, that would be effctive use of her time. Steve is dead. Time to let it go. :confused:

8. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Y'know, I snark, but I am advised by people I trust that Apple managers actually do get on a plane at the drop of a hat to personally triage supplier issues. One anecdote from a couple years ago had a manager reporting in a group meeting that included Tim Cook that such-and-such a supplier was having issues and would be late meeting some objective or another. After his report, Cook said simply, "That's terrible. Why are you still here?" ...And with that, the guy got up, drove to SFO and got on the next plane.

Based on several such tales (some published, some not), I would be astonished if a bunch of folks from Cupertino aren't camping at the affected motor manufacturer right now with their sleeves rolled up and pitching in. And: I would not want to be that motor manufacturer.

Once you see Apple from a perspective other than an everyday customer's, you get an appreciation for how preternaturally focused and goal-oriented they are. This is a company that moves in a straight line at warp speed. Considering their immense size, it's quite impressive.

9. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Going over to supervise and steer absolutely. But Angela is not VP of Manufacturing is she? Not her job though it may affect her job. If she started going after suppliers the other VP's who were responsible for that would be pretty pissed.

Thanks, but I do happen to own a SME in manufacturing. I understand getting a job done.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Part of the problem is they and their threads are allowed to exist in the forum.

11. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

So true.