Son of a *****! Things in my trash that wont delete >_<

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mobius7, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Mobius7 macrumors newbie

This isn't some ordinary trash I got here. Heres the story.

I saw my friend with Earth Desk and thought "of cool, I gotta have that" but then I realized you gotta buy it or something and my desktop looked like this.
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa55/JoeK_7/random/Picture1-1.png

thats pretty ****ty so I decided to turn it off and go back to my original desktop. It was all fine untill there was an update, I updated and when my Mac restarted I got the stupid earthdesk thing again with he same big message in the middle. I turned it off again and threw it in the trash hoping to never be bothered with it again.
    I was wrong. Now if I change my desktop back to a picture 5mins later (the time I set it up to update cloud cover and day/night) earthdesk comes back >_< I try and throw out my trash but I get a message that says it's "in use"
    **** that! I want it to go away FOREVER. Even the stupid little thing at the top isn't there.

I tried restarting it and trying again but it doesnt help.

I could make a movie of my desktop so you could see exactly whats going on but I'm not exactly sure how. So how would I go about doing that? Or just answer the original problem. But both would be great :)

2. cokeacola macrumors member

its an application so kill the process through activity moniter then trash the application then empty trash

hope this helps

3. Nick T. macrumors regular

Did you use the EarthDesk uninstall function?

On the EarthDesk preferences panel, License tab, click the "Uninstall EarthDesk" button.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Apps that run Daemons or are in the preference pane usually have to be uninstalled. Usually you can either do it from the Preference Pane or from the original installer.

TEG

5. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

hold the option key when you delete the trash, it will force-delete the contents

6. Mobius7 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Mobius7 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks alot, Its gone now cause I deleted it from the activity monitor. I dont know why I couldnt think of that >_<

8. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001