Song for wedding????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Hi everyone. Thanks ahead of time for anyone who sends a helpful reply. Heres the question. My Girlfriends sister is getting married, there trying to find a song which is good for like a father daughter thing (dance or something I don't know). They want a song like the one that goes "God must have spent a little more time on you." Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
puckhead193 said:
i think that's the backstreet boys or something like that...
Ya I think so too. But they don't want that song they want a song like it.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Let me see?

There's "Butterfly Kisses", but that might be too corny and syrupy.

There's "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra. He'll bring class to any engagement.

There's "Unforgettable" by NKC , and "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers if she likes country.

But for anything close to pop, I'd go for "Times of Your Life" by Paul Anka or Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Nat King Cole's duet w/ his daughter... er I think it's called, "Unforgettable" and the lyrics go somewhat like this, "...that's why darling, it's incredible, that someone, so unforgettable, thinks that I am unforgettable too."

Ooh, there's Clint Black's lullaby, I can't remember if it is called just, "Lullaby" or something to do w/ a little pearl. I have it at home, I'll post the title later.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
Wind Beneath my Wings by Bette Midler

I'm just kidding. Annoying and stupid song and it goes around in my head all the time ever since I had to make a slideshow for a co-worker of mine and that song was the background music (which didn't fit the pictures of a softball team).

I donno, do they have a wedding planner that could help them out with that?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Is You and Me by Lifehouse too---well too close to not sound bad for a father daughter?

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
"the way you look tonight"??? or "they can't take that away from me" those are classic jazz songs should be easy to find and have a mellow mood to them... they will create a sophisticate mood to the wedding or what about that song near the end in "What a girl wants" :p "Have I told you lately that I love you"??

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
faintember said:
Personally, i would choose Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.
Give everyone in the wedding party a cowbell and a drum stick.

Total class!!!! :p :D ;)
Throw in "White Wedding" - Billy Idol, while you're at it.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
lem0n said:
"the way you look tonight"??? or "they can't take that away from me" those are classic jazz songs should be easy to find and have a mellow mood to them... they will create a sophisticate mood to the wedding or what about that song near the end in "What a girl wants" :p "Have I told you lately that I love you"??
Michael Bolton!!?!?!?!! i just barfed.

Yeah, some Diana Krall or Allison Krauss could work well.

eclipse525 said:
Throw in "White Wedding" - Billy Idol, while you're at it.
I totally agree.
And when the new couple are leaving play the theme song from Shaft.

Can you dig it? (shut your mouth!)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The Way You Look Tonight -- the one that Harry Connick Jr does or Tony Bennent---not the Frank Sinatra one. I think he sort of made it too fast.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
jessica. said:
The Way You Look Tonight -- the one that Harry Connick Jr does or Tony Bennent--
Oooh, I like that song, too!

So the Clint Black song I mentioned earlier is titled, "Little Pearl and Lily's Lullaby" off of Clint Black's Greatest Hits II.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I danced to Daddy's Little Girl with my father, but only because he always use to tell me growing up that he wanted to dance with me to that song.

One I really like is Carly Simon's Love of My Life. It would be great as a mother/son song particularly but could be for daughter.

some lyrics:
You are the love of my life

from the moment I first saw you
The second that you were born
I knew that you were the love of my life
Quite simply the love of my life

I love lucy and pumpernickel bread
The statue of liberty and standing ovations
And falling into bed
But get it through your head that

You’re the love of my life...

yada yada yada.

I know its corny, but I like it :eek:

macmanmatty

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
(x,y)
Daddy's Girl- Red Souvine
Daddy's Little Girl- The Mills Brothers
Love Me Tender- Elvis Presly
The Farmers Daughter- Merle Haggard

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
Oh god! Wedding songs!

YMCA, We Are Family, The Chicken Song, Locomotion, (that Cha cha song), Lady in Red...Shoot me in the freakin' face!

(sorry, I've been to so many weddings in the past 3 years I hate going to them anymore)

To answer your question, I've been to a few weddings where they played the Godfather theme for the bride and father dance. Talk about weird. I mean, yeah, it was used in the movie for the same occasion, but I can't help myself and I want to say, "Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you for a service."

Status
Not open for further replies.