Sony claims new notebook release tomorrow Monday July 14, maybe apple update tuesday?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Jul 13, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

2. ghostguts macrumors regular

Laptop buying is the worst. It's always a series of compromises.

3. Woot1289 macrumors newbie

Definitely not. They need to spread out their releases. It won't be until, the very earliest, the end of this month.

4. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

So Sony got the new chipsets earlier than everyone?

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

NO
    sony decided to USE them before everyone

6. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Whoa whats up with everyone attacking me? Isnt this called macrumors and tomorrow for some reason sony is releasing new notebooks and there could be a high % as to apple releasing new notebooks this tuesday as its about that time.

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Again, No. :rolleyes:

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

just because Sony is updating their product line does NOT mean apple will too, not until the back to school sale is OVER the back to school sale is to clear out inventory, not give a bunch of people free ipods who will be running to buy the new notebook

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

NO
    Sony decided to announce laptops based on these specs before anyone else. When they get to start using the products is anyone's guess.

10. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

This gets me to believe that a new update is coming VERY soon. I'm talking at least 2 weeks.

11. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

when did Apple ever follow the rest? Sony unveils new laptop so Apple announces new macbooks/macbook pros?? :cool: I highly doubt it. This is Apple people, they march to their own beat. The rest try to follow, not the other way around.

12. ghostguts macrumors regular

13. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I love Apple just as you but since the switch to intel they march to the beat of intel my friend.

14. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

15. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Oops my mistake sorry for getting the date wrong. Ok meant monday the July 14th. But you guys get the idea when it is.

Even if nothing pops up this tuesday, I'm pretty sure there will be montevina mbp at least 2-3 weeks from now. I'm going to wait and just snag one of those.

16. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

I don't see how locking this thread would help anything. Anyway, I'm also waiting for the montevina mbp. I doubt update will be this week--doesn't someone usually find a serial # or something about a new rev like a week or so before that update is released? I remember that happening before penryn came out. Does ylthat always occur?

Typed this on my new 3g iphone btw :D

17. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

no <--- take a minute to read this this time

18. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Sounds like a "I'm going to sell my old Mac before the next update" kind of thread.

What prevents those from turning up a defect as well, again? :rolleyes:

19. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

why do you keep showing me a link to your stupid opinion??

Its perfect for back to school sale and it wouldnt really matter because the macbooks will be concentrated on the back to school notebooks not the macbook pro.

So if they release the macbook pro they could sell them like they would normally especially if you check out the refurb store at apple.com that most of the 15" mbp are already gone and apple probably already switched productions to the newer montevina already. Especially with the nvidia fiasco.

Not to mention apple always released the mbp first before the macbooks months later.

20. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

lol that new sony laptop will cost more then $3,000

21. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

To me its more of, hey got a defective gpu in my notebook and apple's near releasing a new notebook so might as well sell my current mbp lose $200-$300 on it and just buy the new mbp with better specs/no defective gpu.

22. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

umm...what?

So if they release the macbook pro they could sell them like they would normally[/quote]

if they released a new notebook, many many more people would run out and buy it, therefore causing apple to give away many many more ipods, thus canceling out the reason for the sale ANYWAY the only reason for the sale is to sell more product to people who might otherwise buy a dell or sony, apple doesn't WANT to give away free ipods thus the reason for not releasing a new product until the day AFTER the sale ends im sorry that you cant follow basic business sense

umm..yeah..but we're not talking about the macbook

23. ghostguts macrumors regular

Not the question he or she is posing.

Hypothetical situation posed: GPU error might manifest itself again in the new MBP. Nothing to hint at a replacement thus far, besides rumors spread around here.

24. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

But the back to school is really directed towards the "macbooks" and even if apple released a new mbp everyone will not run out and buy it just because its a "montevina" notebook.

I'm sure the average person who arnt computer geeks like the rest of us in here could care less whats inside the macbook pro and regardless they would like that free ipod.

Especially with the economy hitting the s*it right now no one drops nearly $3000 on a notebook because of montevina.

25. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks