Sony HDR-S12 connectivity issue - shows up in Finder, but not recognized in iMovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by slfriend, Sep 23, 2010.

1. slfriend macrumors newbie

I called Sony for support on this, because after two years, multiple google searches, and eight or ten tries, my 120gig HD is finally full.

And all the reading I've done has left me completely confused. I have iMovie '09, v. 8.0.4, and while the Finder shows the camera is hooked up, and I get a drive icon on my desktop, iMovie says "No camera connected" when I select "Import from camera". I have tried multiple ways to import, with no luck. I do not seem to have two different file formats; everything on the drive seems to be .mts.

Help is deeply appreciated!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What about using the "Import Movies..." menu?

[​IMG]

3. slfriend thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice screen shot, but that's one of the multiple ways to import I've tried. The other way (in addition to - eternally hopefully but completely in vain - disconnecting and reconnecting perhaps 20 times) is several attempts to import the movie files directly from their "stream" folder to my Mac's HD, figuring I could worry about converting them later. But no luck there either; the .mts files are all greyed. What's odd is that the camera shows up as a drive in the Finder and on the desktop.

Thanks!

4. De Rocca macrumors member

S12 Issue

I think you have to verify that all your movies are the same format SD or HD, if you have mixed footage, it's possible that you're not able to import, don't ask me why... I have an extra Memorystick installed, and you can copy stuff from you hd on the camera to the stick. If you have one, try copying one movie to the stick, and try to import (you have to set the camera to operate from the stick i guess...)

Good luck