Soon to be MBA owner...couple of questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by buddybd, Jul 28, 2011.

1. buddybd macrumors 6502

Hi guys!

I'm going to be buying a MBA 13" 2011 in about 2 weeks, just wanted to clear up a couple of things before I make my purchase. I'm from Bangladesh (I bet you don't know where that is hahaha), so pardon the noobness, I'm not totally new though, I've been browsing the forums for weeks and only signed up today. :)

I've been looking at the prices at macmall.com, they seem to be trustworthy and cheapest all around + tax free.

My question is, how fast are they with their rebates? They have an offer for dell (free) or HP (+$45) printer and I need to buy one anyway. I asked them and they said that I'll get the printer after the MIR, initially I'll have to pay for it. So will it be best to go for it? Or just order separately and make full use of the MIR on the MBA. I don't mind paying for it at first, just that I'd like to receive the products as fast as possible. And if I do use the MIR and don't opt for a printer at all, how much of a reduction might it be?

Also, HP's site (http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Photosmart/1/storefronts/CN216A%23B1H) says it is 'instant rebate'. Does that mean that I will have to fill out the form online and it'll be processed instantly?

Once again, pardon the noobness :p. This is going to be my first Mac as well so I'd like to make the best of my situation.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I purchased my Rev B from MacMall (actually, its old ClubMac subsidiary) in November 2008 and in my experience they handled rebates like most other companies. Just make sure you fill out everything properly and attach whatever UPCs they ask for and mail it in.

3. buddybd thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats good to hear. And whats this 'instant rebate' on HP's site? Any different from normal MIR.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Normally that means that the price is reduced immediately, without having to submit any paperwork.