Sorry, but it's too much to go through 80+ pages on the UK iPhone 5 Thread......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StuartMoore, Sep 14, 2012.

1. StuartMoore macrumors regular

Hi all.

Now that my new iPhone 5 order has been secured and pretty much in the bag ( status has changed to "prepare for shipment", like many others.

WHAT NETWORK AM I GOING TO GO ON.......!!!!!???? :eek:

I'm on on O2 PAYG. Already have my PAC Code ready and waiting........so what's the advise people.......Three......??

I only need 300 mins a month max as I work offshore in the oil industry......advise/opinions appreciated.

All the best, Stuart.

2. dstart macrumors member

3. AMC89 macrumors member

Depending on how much data you use there are two good deals on O2 simplicity. £10.50 mth gets you 300 any network mins and 500 bonus O2 to O2 mins and 100mb. I went with the £15.50 and get 600 any network mins, 300 O2 mins and 500mb. Both are 12 month contract.

4. AdamskiUK macrumors regular

If you ordered unlocked then I would suggest jumping on the 3 bandwagon, as well as every savvy consumer out there is doing (including me), simply because they offer nano-sims right now with a very good 30-day rolling contract price.

For 12.90 you can have something like 300 mins, 5000 texts and all you can eat data.

It also allows you to quite easily switch to EE if you want to for the early 4G headstart.

5. cperchard macrumors 6502a

What this guy said! It's what I'm doing....waiting till EE is available in my area which won't be for ages, so gonna get my money's worth while I can by being on a cheap amazing rolling monthly contract, and this £12.90 deal is just that! My sim expected to be delivered Monday, but may even come tomorrow!

Think it's only 200 mins but still awesome, unlimited data, 5000 texts!

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Just bare in mind you can't tether on the cheaper 3 contracts, while you can on the T-mobile ones (if that is important to you).

7. Lehcim macrumors member

Are you sure new customers can tether on T-Mobile?

I've been told that new customers need to buy a booster to tether...

8. cperchard macrumors 6502a

Never understood tethering.....never done it.......is it really that necessary??? When I'm home I use wifi from my home broadband provider, when I'm out I use 3G, and now it's unlimited and faster.....is it really worth it?

9. AMC89 macrumors member

Good deals there if you don't use many minutes. Only £6.90 if you only want 500mb instead of all you can eat.

10. cperchard macrumors 6502a

Isn't the £6.90 deal a 12 month contract tho? Still good I admit!

11. AMC89 macrumors member

So it is. Still great value. It's good to know exactly what you need. So many people pay for minutes etc they never use.