Sorry Everybody

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jb60606, Mar 4, 2008.

1. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

The 55 million that voted 'for the other guy'.

I thought this site was cute/funny. Move/delete it if necessary. Didn't think about the book/spam ties.

I didn't create the book, I don't own the book, probably wouldn't purchase it (it's old, probably out of print), and as much as I'd like to be a college student in sunny Cali; sadly, I'm not.

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/1/

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

3. stevegmu macrumors regular

This is SPAM. He is on here hawking a book. At the very least his post should be in the Marketplace section.

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

No it is not. But if it was, use the report button instead of adding a useless post.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If it looks like spam it is spam.

Reported.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This is old news anyway. In 321 days, the person that book is about will be history, and we'll be looking back on this as one really horrible nightmare that is thankfully over.

7. jb60606 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry - I thought the site was cute/funny. Move/delete it if necessary. Didn't think about the book/spam ties. I didn't create the book, I don't own the book, probably wouldn't purchase it (old), and as much as I'd like to be a college student in sunny Cali; sadly, I'm not.

Though, out of curiosity; if I posted a link to a hard drive on Newegg... does that count as SPAM?

P.S. - I have a job; thanks for caring.

8. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Hopefully. If Obama doesn't win the nomination I don't think much will change. However I did my part today to help, hope it works out :)

9. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

Just edit your first post and write what you wrote above. If you give your opinion or comment on the link, we won't think it might be SPAM. We assume a lot.

It doesn't count as spam as long as you are trying to help out someone with a HD question and you are not affiliated or trying to sell the HD for personal benefit. Again, I think most of us assumed you were affiliated with the book since you didn't comment much on it.

Ohh...BURN!! wait, that applies to me :( - not very nice. Who am I kidding, I'm in sunny socal - insults don't hurt much in 80 degree weather in March :)

10. jb60606 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the advice - I changed the original post. I only mentioned California because the book's creator claims he's a student there on the front page. Don't get me wrong though - at 21 degrees in frigid downtown Chicago (-4 degree wind-chill), I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat.

11. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

I know the feeling (somewhat). I'm originally from NJ, near NYC, and I had to escape the winters. Couldn't take it anymore. Chicago is a great city, but I've only been there in the spring, summer, and fall - I don't have first hand experience with the winter.

12. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

yeah in 2004 49% were sorry
    but in 2000 52% were sorry!!!

13. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Great site!

I like how humorous a lot of the comments were.

14. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I got the book for my birthday in '04, I like it.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He only had a problem with it because it was against Bush, who he does nothing but defend no matter what.

16. jb60606 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've noticed. It's getting almost comical now.

17. jb60606 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I love the pictures from non-Americans; accepting our appologies on behalf of their country. There seems to be a ton from Germany. Aside from Canada, I think I know where to move if another right winger takes office.