Sorry Mississippi, Your ‘License To Discriminate’ Isn’t Starting Today After All

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by WarHeadz, Jul 1, 2016.

1. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Good ruling from the federal court. Hopefully it's upheld in the appeals process. This judge clearly saw past the religious BS and rightfully called it out as retaliation for Obergefell to put the LGBT community back in their place. These "religious freedom" laws need to be crushed. I hope that during the next president's term sexual orientation becomes a federally protected class. I wake up every morning thankful that I live in a state that's doesn't mess around with this sort of stupidity.

Link

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Great, something else for those poor oppressed Christians to use for their war against religion BS.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

With so many religions that are officially recognized, the Christians vying for such special rights* are opening a pretty big can o' worms.

* despite 2000 years of power and cherrypicking their own religious texts as convenient. I've nothing against Christianity, but it is not the only religion and as long as people don't harm in the name of it, what they do behind closed doors is their business

4. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

The irony of that last bit is just beautiful. :D

5. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

This is other sad day for man kind as whole and good for liberals.

Homosexuality is choice and employers should have right do to fire someone that is homosexual. Private business owner should have ability to refuse service someone is homosexual.

Peolel have every right to protect their religious rights. Homosexual is not right, it should not protected. End of sentence. Being LGBT is choice and they should take the burden being part of LGBT.

I hope this ruling get reversed. Otherwise, it is one other step toward sin and destroying old tradition
    --- Post Merged, Jul 3, 2016 ---
    Those liberal ******* are staring war against religion. They want to break everything God's teaching in name is equality. This is suck and stupid.

6. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Isn't religion precious, so full of love and charity to fellow man. Christians are just miffed because they don't have a jihad in their particular brand of hate mongering. Ask yourself, what would Jesus do? Crucify them right?

On a side note, "LovingTeddy" doesn't quite seem right for your name, just saying.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I guess that "love they neighbor" bullcrap only applies if they're a hetero Christian.

8. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

God loves everyone. But God will punish anyone who do not follow God's teaching.

Homosexuality is not God's teaching.

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Neither is hating other judging others treating others as less and on and on. God will punish everyone.

10. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

God uses his son's blood to wash our sin. We are all sinner and I choice to obay God's teaching. The only way sinner got saved by God, one must follow God's teaching. And homosexuality is clearly againest God teaching.

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

You disobey many of God's teachings and just because it is in the bible does not mean God put it there. Males having sex is against the teachings in the bible homosexuality is not.

12. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

I do disobey God's teaching, that is why I am constantly praying to God and recognize that I am wrong. We are all sinner, we are all criminals. I do crime all the time, because I am not perfect. That is why I am praying to God and ask God's forgiveness.

Homos need to recognize that homosexuality is sin and wrong. Praying to God and God will forgive you.

13. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Exactomundo my friend. Be not like us, different, and you are to be feared, maligned, denigrated, and exiled. All ancient lessens engrained into our tribal minds. Kept us alive for millions of years. Hard to change old habits, even with a little larger brain. Especially if you don't want to use that larger brain for critical thinking.

Follow the heard!

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

so how is homosexuality any worse then what you do? why do they have to stop but you don't? so as long as homos ask forgiveness they can still be be homos huh?

15. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Don't even bother, some people are too far gone to try and make sense of their logic. They'll twist and contort their words and own beliefs to justify hating another person/group of people, even if it directly goes against their own beliefs. It's a backwards, and frankly, outdated way of thinking. But you can't convince them. We're betting off focusing on the younger generations and teaching them to love and be compassionate instead of ostracizing and looking down upon others we don't agree with.

16. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I know but its s fun to poke them with a sharp stick. they won't admit god it watching their pathetic hate tormenting. Wait not hate I just can't stand them attitude :eek:

17. HEK, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Comes awe full close to defining god as a sadomasochist.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 3, 2016 ---
    Logical, concise, and of course the answer has to be yes. You can be Hitler and still be forgiven, if you ask for it from God before you kill yourself.

Does any of this religious nonsense not make any sense to anyone else, or am I only one seeing the inconsistencies and play on words. World's greatest hucksters, religious zealots.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

What would Jesus do? He'd rant about gays on the Internet. What would Mohammad do? He'd strap on a suicide vest, grab his AK, and head for the nearest gay bar.

19. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Religion is a choice and I should be able to discriminate against you for being christian, be able to fire you for your beliefs, deny you service, etc.

;)

20. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Agreed! And this is coming from a Republican who supports LGBT, pro-choice and guns. See, we are not all crazy.

21. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Now you talking fire a few Christians and deny them service and see how the shoe fits.

22. daniel1948 macrumors 6502

daniel1948

Most Christians are good and kind and decent people. Sadly, there is a strident minority who are filled with the very intolerance that Jesus preached so hard against. These angry few insist on their "right" to act on their hatred and deny the most basic rights of citizenship to people whose lifestyle choices they disagree with.

We who support human rights properly see marriage equality as a great victory for justice, just as we saw the overturn of racial discrimination in the 1960's. But now as then, there are (and were) Bible-thumping hellfire Christians who demand the right to deny the most basic human rights to everyone who holds beliefs different than theirs.

And their latest strategy in their fight against civil rights is to assert that it's a violation of their religious freedom to deprive them of the "right" to discriminate against whoever they hate. If they are successful in this bid, ALL civil rights laws would become unenforceable. And that's exactly what they want. They want to go back to the pre-civil-rights era when they could do whatever they liked and tell everyone else how to live.

Well, the times they are a-changing. LovingTeddy can choose who he wants to love, but he cannot any longer tell other people who they may or may not love. And the irony is that the people Jesus condemned were not the gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, or queer folks. The people Jesus condemned were the ones who judge others and who fail to love their neighbors.

23. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

Being Christian is right choice and being homosexual is wrong choice that is the difference.

Constitution protect religious freedom and discrimination towards religious. Because t is right thing to do.

Homosexual is different. Being homo is wrong and you are at fault in first place. Law and social norm should noy accept morally wrong behaviour...

You can hate Christians all you want, in the end of the day, when finally judgment day comes. It is God to decide who to pick.

Yes, discrimination against religious people is wrong, but it is mot wrong to fire, deny service to homo. Because homos made wrong choice and they denying their wrong doing.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You must have missed that whole thou shall not judge thing. You may have a surprising punishment of your own to contend with. Worry about yourself.

Pity you don't recognize how wrong you are here now.

25. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

First of all, homos human rights are fully protected by law.

Second, homosexuality is not human right. It is not now and it will never be.

Human rights are moral principles or norms,[1] which describe certain standards of human behavior, and are regularly protected as legal rights in municipal and international law

According to Wikipedia. Homosexual is outside of our moral principles. Homosexual is not fit standard of human behaviour, because it is not natural behaviour. So homosexual is outside of every single basic requirement. Homosexual will never be basic huaman rights.

Now liberal wants equality, because liberal believe equality trumps all. Extreme equality means no freedom. Homosexual wants be treat equally, which is understandable, however, in same time recognizing marriage equality will hurt people's religious freedom, hurt our social norm and harmful to next generation.

Apparently, Euro court also think homosexual is not a right.

Marriage will also between man and woman. It is universally recognized principle and it is right definition.