Sorry, silly question... First iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chilli24, Nov 29, 2011.

1. chilli24 macrumors newbie

Just got my first iPhone (4s - and loving it).

Treating it very carefully, but got caught in a light shower this morning. The phone didn't get wet, but a tiny drop of water did manage to fall on the screen at where the edge of the home button meets. I wiped it immediately. should I be worried with moisture getting inside the home button??

Probably over worrying, but just wanted to check??

How careful to you have to be? I'm assuming that everday moisture,sweat from hand and face must get on/in the nooks and crannies?

thx!

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Nah, don't worry about it. It's not that delicate. Enjoy. :)

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sounds like it'll be fine. As far as care goes, just remember that electronics and water never mix.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Let's turn to a popular iPhone wallpaper as an example!

I'd be comfortable if this much water fell on my home screen for a second. Obviously, I'd then try to get it out of the rain and dry it off, but for a few seconds that many drops of water aren't a problem.

If you haven't reached the point where they're all running together and streaming down the phone, you should be fine. Individual drops have never scared me.

I've had my phone look like this multiple times and yet none of the water sensors in the phone have ever been set off.

Attached Files:

5. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

the main places you'd have to worry about are where the water could get inside the phone, such as the headphone jack or the 30 pin dock connector

6. heyloo macrumors 6502

^ This. Don't worry about it. I've installed screen protectors that require a wet installation and my iPhone never had any problems. :) Enjoy the 4S!

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Just as long as the white dots in the headphone jack or dock don't turn red/pink, you're good.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

No need to be worried. Just be careful pulling it out in the rain.