sorry to bother on xmas, but i have a printer problem for someone to solve =]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fearxtragedy, Dec 25, 2007.

1. fearxtragedy macrumors member

well we got for christmas as a family gift this morning, a canon pixma mp210 photo printer. it's hooked up by usb to our hp computer running windows xp. i have a white macbook and my brother has an hp pavillion laptop, and the software that came with the printer has been installed on all three computers. now what i want to know is, is there any way that we can print wirelessly from the two laptops to the printer? we have it set up so that the laptops can connect to a shared folder on the pc to print from that, so is there any way we can skip that stage and print straight to the printer from the laptops? keep in mind one is a mac and one is a pc.

thanks a million guys! =] and happy holidays!

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Enable printer sharing on all the Windows computer and add the printer via network to the 2 laptops.

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Exactly. More specifically got to Start > Printer and Faxes, right click the new printer and choose 'Properties' There is a sharing tab, share the printer. On the MAC you may have to enable windows sharing for the printer to show up.

4. fearxtragedy thread starter macrumors member

i've tried this with our other printer, and i wish it was this simple.

i enabled windows sharing and shared the printer on the windows computer, however i don't know how to get the printer to "come up" on the mac. it's not in the list of printers.