Sort order of TV Shows is off in Apple TV menu

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by colinmack, Sep 18, 2008.

1. colinmack macrumors regular

Anyone else with issue, or have a solution?

After upgrading to iTunes 8, the sort order within iTunes was off (seasons would be out of order, etc.), but after setting the "Sort Show" field that cleared up.

However, I just noticed that the order within the Apple TV menu is off, with no obvious reason - almost looks like a mostly alphabetical listing, with a few extra shows out of order in the middle. The various shows have the Sort Name set, there are no "The/A" words in front that could be interpreted/sorted differently, and they don't seem to be sorted by how recent the shows are.

I'm stumped.

2. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Run the episodes through MetaX, check the TV Show section and make sure the episode ID and the episode fields are the same.

3. colinmack thread starter macrumors regular

I'll give that a try (will try anything at this point) - but to clarify, my issue is not the sort order of the episodes within a show, it's the order of the show names themselves...for example:

Bones
    NCIS
    The Tudors
    Corner Gas
    Without a Trace

Thanks...

4. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

"Oh. Well, then I have no idea!" ;)
    Sorry.

5. colinmack thread starter macrumors regular

Has nobody else run into a sorting problem where the list of TV show names (not episodes) are out of order in the Apple TV menu?

6. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I just noticed this today. For some reason "Dexter" jumped way down and is now next to "That '70s Show". It wasn't like that before. I recently added one new episode of Dexter and I guess that's what reordered it, but I don't know how.

7. colinmack thread starter macrumors regular

At least it's not me...I feel somewhat relieved.

If you wouldn't mind, could you let me know if you stumble across a solution?