Sound does not work on mid 2014 MacBook pro

YOitsBEAT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
I was on the last beta and the sound did not work at all, same with this beta. I can’t access sound through preferences or anything, tried using Bluetooth speakers and aux headphones which did not work either. I really hope they can fix this soon or I can find a fix. So far I haven’t found much people with the same issue here.

Last edited:

YOitsBEAT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
Yes, a few days before this beta release. I guess I shouldn’t have expected it to be fixed but I assume I’m not the only one with this problem. Hopefully by the next beta it will be worked out.

Comment

h9826790

macrumors G5
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
It's a dilemma. On one side, we wish it's just some very rare bug, so not a problem in general. On the other side, a rare bug means less report, and less chance to get fix.

Anyway, you better also try the Apple bug report page

Bug Reporting - Apple Developer

It's the place that the engineer will really reply to your bug report, and work with you together and try to fix ti.

Comment

Donza

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2006
Finland
I was on the last beta and the sound did not work at all, same with this beta. I can’t access sound through preferences or anything, tried using Bluetooth speakers and aux headphones which did not work either. I really hope they can fix this soon or I can find a fix. So far I haven’t found much people with the same issue here.
Did you by any chance have Airfoil installed?

Comment