Sound often fails when working with Garage Band... *Edit* Now with screencast.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMJustAGuy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. iMJustAGuy, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I've recently been experimenting with Garageband and the other day I noticed that the sound would just quit working but only within the application. Today the same thing happened except it popped quite loudly this time when the audio failed. What's going on. I'm still in the application and the sound isn't working, but all other system sounds are.

I'm sure an app restart would fix it but I want to get to the bottom of what's going on. Any ideas on why this might be happening.

When I'm working with the keyboard and software instruments is when this seems to be happening. (And if it helps I have a 27 Quad Core).

PLEASE HELP ME.

EDIT: Here is a screencast of said event happening. (I set the recording volume low so the pop didn't crack my eardrums so you'll have to turn your volume up.)

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Happened to me all the time with the previous GB whenever I clicked into the timeline while it was playing back a different part. It was always Mac-wide for me, and I usually just rebooted since I never figured out how to bring audio back after it happened. I just assumed the app had a bug that crashed the audio drivers. It hasn't happened for me at all yet in the 2011 version though.

3. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

This really annoying and I tend to have my sound up around 80% while working in garageband and it just popped again and about blew my eardrum... has nobody else experienced this?