Sound Quality of LED Cinema Display Speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jackiecanev2, Jan 18, 2009.

1. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Short and sweet: how do the speakers on the new Cinema Display sound? I know they won't be phenomenal or anything, but are they at least decent? Balanced? Loud?

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

engadget said that they were loud iirc

fta:

Sound

We generally wouldn't bother with mentioning a monitor's audio qualities specifically, but Apple has clearly given this screen something worthy of talking about. Audio is delivered automatically over USB 2.0 from one's laptop to the screen, and while we can only chuckle at the ".1" part of the "2.1" audio system, the quality is darn impressive. When hooking up your notebook, audio is instantly ported from the lappie's speakers to the monitor's speakers when the USB connector of the tri-prong cable is hooked up, and the clarity is superb. It gets plenty loud for desk use, and it does a noteworthy job of dispersing sound in a way that envelopes the user. In other words, it actually sounds like stereo, not just a puny tweeter doing its best to crank out full-range monaural sound.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/15/apples-24-inch-led-cinema-display-review/

3. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised at how good they sound, honestly.

I've never had a monitor with a decent pair of speakers before, but these are certainly nice. Volume is pretty good too.

4. brentsg macrumors 68030

I am pleased with them.

I moved my Audioengine 5's to the adjacent room, so if I need LOUD then I stream.

5. Nightrain macrumors newbie

I'd say theyre slightly worse than the iMac speakers, but a major upgrade over macbook pro speakers