Sounds like anything but space grey will be hard to get

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhamp07, Sep 18, 2013.

1. nhamp07 macrumors regular

75% of shipments are space grey and some rumors say the carrier stores will not get anything but grey.

sucks

2. Jake0604 macrumors regular

Good for me, I was planning on getting Space Gray.

3. tx26257 macrumors member

I keep hearing the same. Called my local store and couldn't get them to say what colors. Wonder if best buy/target will get other colors. The target stores are still taking reservations for all colors but admitted they have received any so how do they know

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Link, Source?

5. ajaxmonkey macrumors member

ajaxmonkey

My target store is supposed to receive the silver as well. I am first on the list. I will be calling back tomorrow if I do not get an email.

6. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

I wonder how the stock of the iPhone 5c is gonna hold up.

I was just gonna drop by the closest Best Buy after work Friday and hopefully pick up a 32GB model (haven't quite decided on color yet.)

7. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

At least in China....

Update: It appears that only the unlocked 16GB Space Gray iPhone 5s remains up for reservation in Beijing and Hong Kong.

According to Chinese language publication Sina Tech, the gold iPhone 5s appears to be one the most popular models in the country's capital city, with first day stock running out at the Sanlitun, Xidan Joy City, and Wangfujing Apple Stores just two hours after reservations went live on Tuesday, local Beijing time. The report goes on to say that other colors and capacities of the iPhone 5s were still available at the time of writing, but did not elaborate further”.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...nlocked-iphone-5s-quickly-depleted-in-beijing

8. JeremyE macrumors regular

I called my local Verizon and they're getting 6 phones and they're only in black. Town of 80,000.

9. Poly macrumors 6502

How does it come they know how many and which they will get? And here in Germany NOONE knows how many and which color they'll get. Hell yeah they even don't know IF they MAY get ANY at all!

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The Apple Stores do not know how many they will get until tonight. How on Earth would Verizon know? Unless it's not a corporate store.

11. JeremyE macrumors regular

I guess I wouldn't know. I know the store manager and he said he could set one aside for me but I want a 32gb..

12. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Sounds like anything but space grey will be hard to get

I wouldn't trust stores saying they know an exact amount of what they're getting

No one knows what they're actually getting until they actually come. My boyfriend works at a corporate AT&T store and did the iPhone 5 launch last year. He said they had no clue what Apple was sending them until they received the stock the night prior to launch.

I don't know if Verizon is the same, but I don't see why they would be any different from AT&T! :)

13. Poly macrumors 6502

But when do those things usually arrive? They'll have to get shipped during the store opening time and prior to launch....which basically makes it thursday19?
    :confused:

14. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Well at AT&T they received their shipment at night time, day before the launch. He also said the got a 2nd shipment around noon the day of launch.

15. Erphern macrumors 6502

I hope the local Verizon store tells those of us waiting in line if they're out of a certain color. I'll be going home promptly to make other plans if they're out of the configuration I'm looking for.

16. RenoG macrumors 65816

Well here comes all the crazy ebay ads for 'hard to find gold Iphone' for buy it now $2500.00

I can see it being crazy with the 5C as well..

17. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Hmmm, remind me never to pre-order a phone from his store.

If you accept preorders (which I assume they did for the iPhone 5, how can you not know what Apple will send you?

18. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

They DID accept pre-orders, but their pre-orders weren't for in store pick up. Only delivery. The same thing you could have done online essentially.

19. carelesswhisper macrumors member

Either you're full of it or they are. From my understanding, they are not allowed to specify how much units they received. Besides that, 6 is outrageous.

20. JeremyE macrumors regular

I went to high school with the store owner.. Take it or leave it then I guess.

21. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I called my local Verizon store, they said they had received the new iPhones, but were not allowed to specify how many. She did tell me they would "most likely have enough to get through the day" but that she was not allowed to specify how many phones were sent.

Also, @JeremyE I highly doubt they only got 6

22. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Ahhh... it's an authorized reseller, not a corporate store.

That is why he knows how many phones he's got. They get VERY few at launch.

Find a corporate AT&T store. They will have decent stock. Apple Store will always have more than carrier stores, but carrier stores that are corporate (not resellers) get decent stock.