Sources: iPhone 6 series 'touch disease' now accounting for about 11% of Apple Store repairs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tubeexperience, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...ccounting-for-about-11-of-apple-store-repairs

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Interesting how this pops up right before a new device release ......

3. tubeexperience thread starter macrumors 68030

If you were repairing iPhones, you would have been aware of this problem 6 months ago.

It's just that this problem has become much more prevalent recently.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I don't think that it's a conspiracy. Apple gets away with charging as much as they do for phones that actually offer fewer features than a lot of their competitors because of their reputation for making solid devices and supporting them. Sacrificing that reputation to milk some sales now would be bad in the long run.

5. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I've been following this problem..... It's just interesting timing..... It's always something. I own a 6, and I baby it, so I'm just waiting for mine to all of a sudden fail lol....

6. tubeexperience thread starter macrumors 68030

The problem is caused by the phone flexing (i.e. in a pocket).

That's why it's a lot more prevalent in the iPhone 6 Plus than the iPhone 6.

Basically, it's the end result of bendgate.

7. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I'm an active forum member, 'months ago' doesn't change my opinion. It's only been recently that this has been an issue big enough to make users come to forums asking for answers...... I'm not saying Apple is behind it, just that it's interesting.

8. tubeexperience thread starter macrumors 68030

That's because a lot of iPhone would have still been under warranty and Apple would have replaced them for free.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    What Apple should have done is to instruct the Apple's Genius to quietly replace the out-of-warranty iPhone 6/6 Plus for free.

It wouldn't have blown up in their faces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.