South Coast Plaza - Costa Mesa, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by carletonguy, Sep 20, 2013.

1. carletonguy macrumors member

Anyone else end up at South Coast? We got here at 8p. We were 15th in line until the people in front of us (who were obviously not here to buy a phone for themselves) started letting their friends cut in. That pushed us back to 40-50ish in line. A few of us complained to security when they stopped by at 545a, but he didn't care.

When apple folks showed up with tickets it got crazy. Disorganized from start to finish. The mob of 40ish before us didn't stay in a line and were obnoxious as they tried to get tickets. The apple team tried to push folks back but it was just a mess and the line broke done for a bit.

In all of the confusion, more tried to cut the line. I was standing there calmly (I don't know how) and said, "hi, we need to 64 gig phones" and the guy seemed relieved and willing to help us. Here's the irony... He forced the crowd of cutters back in a line, which happened to be behind me. So in the end, we got our rightful spot back, number 15. Aaaaaand, I got my gold 64 gig. I feel like I cought a unicorn!

For such a nice mall (one of the nicest, and highest dollar / sqft malls in the country), you'd think they'd better manage events like this. This is basically the richest mall in the US. Pay a guard to stay with the line overnight and keep order.

In the end my group got 3 gold 64 gig iPhones and 1 64 gig iPhone. Based on the other postings I've seen, South Coast had better stock on the gold and larger capacity iPhones than anywhere else. A lot of people got gold here...

Attached Files:

2. richpuer macrumors 6502

3. j62lee macrumors newbie

Any reports on the line at South Coast Plaza?

I'm looking for a 64gb T-Mobile iPhone 5s. Space Grey preferably, but can be any color.

4. EricByer macrumors member

5. j62lee macrumors newbie

LoL - No, but it can buy me an iPhone 5s!

6. carletonguy thread starter macrumors member

I don't think so. I know the 64 gig was done shortly after me. You should call... I doubt it. There was about 350 people in line this am (an estimate I heard).