Southlake, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Ferny, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Ferny macrumors newbie

Anyone hitting the Southlake store? If so what time?

2. Kohlbehr macrumors newbie

I'm considering going around 4 or 5 am, but I may call best buy, radioshack, and walmart on wednesday to see if they'll have any and how many. They're definitely closer. Have you waited in line for any big releases at the southlake store before?

3. mb2008 macrumors regular

I'll be there for my reserved phone. I plan on showing up at 6:00 am because they run out of accessories fast. Park in the parking garage, the line forms to the south of the store back towards the garage. Yes, there will be a line. Long, long line.:(

4. redraidermacman macrumors regular

anyone know if they are letting people camp out in townsquare and if anyone is?

5. Ferny thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone know if phones picked up at the apple store will require activation at the store or will they let you self-activate from home?

6. dahveed macrumors newbie

Activation in store.

7. dahveed macrumors newbie

Has anyone ever been a southlake apple store iPhone event? Is it terribly busy? There are 6 apple stores in the area....

8. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

For the WiFi iPad launch, at 1AM there were 2 reserve customers and no walk-in ones.

I am hitting Southlake definitely if the white iPhone is available.

9. blakecampbell macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if we're allowed to, but me and one of my friends are planning on getting there at about midnight. I'm going to call the store tomorrow and see what they say about camping out.

10. Kohlbehr macrumors newbie

Let us know what they say, you should also ask how many they plan on having for walk ins. My brother and I were planning on camping out if we can :D

11. wdog119 macrumors member

I reserved mine at the University Park Store in Ft. Worth. Seems like the employees there are much nicer.

Though I imagine that the line is going to be long at both locations. Anyone else had a bad experience at the southlake store?

12. redraidermacman macrumors regular

the apple store, much like the people in southlake can be a bit pompous sometimes....just my experience though...

13. dahveed macrumors newbie

I was dedicated to go to an att store launch day, but now I'm sort of wanting to go to an apple store... Better odds on walking out of the store with an phone without a reservation.. So does anyone know even the slightest chance that there will be two lines? pre-order and walk-up?

If so, I'm there apple. I don't need to give the guy commission at att...

14. Hieu macrumors member

I'll be there with my brother but we are planning to arrive there at 1pm when he gets out of class. We could go in the morning but it might make him late for school so boo. I don't mind waiting but it's the heat that is making me wanna just stay home.lol

15. dahveed macrumors newbie

One pm! Be sure you're well hydrated, and ready to sweat a lot.

16. Hieu macrumors member

Ooo according to the weather app, it might rain on Thursday.

17. mb2008 macrumors regular

Yes, but I had a bad experience at the Fort Worth store last year, too.

I was at Southlake for the 3G launch, line was to the parking garage. Expect it will be the same or worse tomorrow.

18. dahveed macrumors newbie

What time did you get to Southlake for the 3G launch?

19. mb2008 macrumors regular

Can't remember, it was after sunup, but before the store opened...the line moved fairly rapidly in the beginning, but they started running out of color/sizes early. By the time I got to the front, they had all 4 available again.

20. dahveed macrumors newbie

Well, I guess I'll plan on getting there around 11PM or so. My guess is that the place will be PACKED! since the AT&T stores aren't carrying any retail phones right out the door. Well. Time for some good ol fashion Apple mayhem.

21. dahveed macrumors newbie

Just if anyone is wondering, the line has already formed. About ten people as of about 3PM.

22. Hieu macrumors member

Are they in the reservation or non reservation line? Or is it just one line..lol sorry I'm new to this.

23. tkettle macrumors newbie

Talked to a friend who works at the south lake store. There are 30 people in line right now, but they are non reserved. She said if you are reserved then you can walk right past them haaha. Cant wait to see there faces when I get to walk right in front of them after they have been waiting 2 plus days.

24. Billydelp4 macrumors regular

Tyler? If so we used to run around with some of the same people in High School. I was good friends with James Wilson and Bryan Lavery.

If the line has already formed I will just wait for white to be available...sigh..