Southwest Airlines - Burqas next?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jnpy!$4g3cwk, Jun 15, 2012.

1. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

2. Fazzy macrumors 6502

Its a health hazard incase any male flight attendants may stare and spill the hot drinks.

Yeah, you CAN get straight male flight attendants! :D

3. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

Interesting..I fly SW weekly and have seen much more "revealing attire" on virtually every flight. Who gets to make the call would be an interesting question and what is the "criteria"

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I guess they're worried that someone might stare and fly solo into the mile high club? :confused:

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

A faint ache of misogyny and nostalgia always strikes me on airlines. I miss the cute gals who called me honey and gave me little wing-pins, and let me visit the cockpit on flights that were empty enough I could lay across three seats and sleep as the sky tumbled past my head.

Now, it's all grumpy ********s who can't fit their enormous ****ing bags in the overhead, overtaxed stewards who serve a coke and take the can, all while the cockpit's sealed like Al Capone's safe.

Flying used to be awesome. Now it sucks.

6. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Just like every other mode of shared transport! ;):D

7. hafr macrumors 68030

Flying used to cost a lot of money. Now it's cheap.

See the correlation? ;)

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The Shinkansen are pretty nice - as is the TGV.

9. jnpy!$4g3cwk thread starter macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

TGV is just like flying -- not enough leg room for the taller person. Another form of legal discrimination.

10. hafr macrumors 68030

Saying TGV are pretty nice is like saying passenger planes are pretty nice. They are not all the same ;)

11. Dr McKay, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I'm 6 foot 4, and I can tell you the world was not built for people as tall as me, however it's not Discrimination. If they catered exclusively to me, they wouldn't be able to fit as many seats in the plane and the struggling Airlines would lose even more money.

What happens when someone who's above 7 feet can't fit into a chair designed for people like me? Can he claim discrimination? Her cleavage was very distracting, if people can't deal with being asked to perform a simple action then they simply aren't equipped for this World.

The World isnt Burger King, you can't always "Have it your way". Should I be offended and scream discrimination if I attempt to wear these trousers and get rejected?

Attached Files:

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

If the picture in the link shows how the woman dressed, then SW screwed up.

13. jnpy!$4g3cwk thread starter macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

If we lived in "normal times" I wouldn't pay any attention. It would be one of those "human interest" stories. But, we live in a time when the wealthy have made a political deal with radical social conservatives to turn back the clock. The agenda clearly includes, among other things, the (re-)subjection of women.

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I don't agree with crotch cleavage for air stewards, but would butt cleavage not be approximately the same image?

Might want to try a depilatory first, unless passengers pay for their own drinks, in which case it might result it better sales if they remained hairy. :eek:

15. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Any proof for this wild theory? Because in different fields it's the Men who are struggling against Women.

16. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

Yes the TGV12 is especially awesome.

[​IMG]

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I LOL'd...

I will be forever indebted to Southwest for what happened back in March. My water broke and I went into labor with my first baby, my mom was 200 miles away, and they managed to get her flight reservation changed, were on time, and she made it to the hospital 15 minutes before I went into the operating room for my emergency c-section. I'll button and extra button for that kind of service.

(okay, not really, this was ridiculous, but I still really like Southwest)

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, I like Southwest. I booked a flight about a month ago, but yesterday had a change of plans and needed to stay 2 extra days, and was able to change my flight and just pay the $10 difference in fare. All of the other airlines charge you a ridiculous $150 change fee (and that might be one way) plus the fare difference.