Southwest Airlines sent me a flight itinerary…

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Nov 20, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

How come iOS has not added them as calendar entries? Or asked me if I want to add them. I thought iOS 9 does this, and I seem to remember it working on my iPhone 6 (I'm on a 6s now).

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I haven't even tried using that feature. How well does it work when it works?

I have a free TripIt account and a separate calendar subscription associated with it. When I forward flight, train, car rental or hotel reservation emails to plans@tripit.com they're added to that calendar including all the reservation info I need.

3. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

When it worked, it was awesome. But it does not seem to be working out for me. I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere that got tripped when I switched over to the 6S ?

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

There's a switch in iOS 9 Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars for "Events Found in Mail"

5. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine is on. How is everyone else is working? Is it pretty sensitive to formatting?

6. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Costino1

I feel like a lot of things aren't happening like they felt like they would on iOS 9.

The only cool thing I like is when I get to work, it suggests I open ESPN radio as I typically do. Or if I'm driving, to open up Music. I can tell its based on time and GPS for suggestions.

However, it would be nice for Siri to skim my email for flight itineraries and automatically add them to my calendar. Thought that was supposed to happen.

Not seeing Siri being as smart and I thought she was supposed to be.

7. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

It works for me. When I open the email, there's a bar at the top, below the header, that you can click and will take you right into calendar to confirm.

8. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. flyingspur macrumors regular

flyingspur

Adding myself, hit or miss so I turned it off.

10. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

It works for me for flights, hotel reservations and other events. I do wonder if there is some coding involved on the part of the particular sender to get it recognized.