iPhone X Space gray/black iPhones: film on back to eliminate smudge?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixen, May 8, 2019.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

I’ve been using white/silver/gold iPhones for many years now. I’ve often considered the black/space grey models but don’t go for it because fingerprints and smudge on the backside is much more visible.

My question is if anyone knows of a kind of invisible film you can put on the back which doesn’t show smudge as easily?

I have a thin plastic back protector on my iPhone (similar to a screen protector), but looking at it now I do see some slight smudge. However I don’t know if there are other protectors made of a different material which might hide it better?

2. Lekro macrumors regular

Lekro

There are tempered glass back protectors with oelophobic coating applied.

3. johny328i macrumors member

johny328i

No material will stop smudges. You can try and apply some oleophobic solutions like this one, but sooner or later it will wear out. [​IMG]

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Your only option is to apply some type of laminate protector on the back of the phone. There’s nothing that you can do to not prevent smudges/scratches or anything of that nature.

5. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Best Skins offers a MATTE finish for their products.. I just put the Matte Back for my JET BLACK Iphone 7 +

6. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I have a dbrand matte black skin on the back of Xs that the majority of people think I have my phone completely naked. Certainly helps with keeping smudges on the back of the phone.

7. johny328i macrumors member

johny328i

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Wear gloves!

I am glad I am not worried by smudges on my phone. Just wipe it down at the end of the day before putting on the charger. It is a tool to me that allows me to get out of the office.