Space grey is stunning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steveh2780, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Steveh2780 macrumors regular

Steveh2780

I know a lot of people are on the fence regarding the black and space grey. If you've not seen it yet and are unsure go and have a look, it is a stunning phone. Person preference I know but I prefer it's gunmetal look over the iphone 5 slate.
    Did not like the bling bling gold and had a silver iphone 5 and was unsure. Everyone's taste is different I guess

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I agree.

I have the space grey and would take it any day over white or gold.

Looks much more professional and less flashy.

3. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

My space gray is being delivered today. If it is not as stunning as you say, I will hold you to it.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

You have to include pictures with that title!

5. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

i love it so much better. it deff does not show fingerprints like the slate did....i was going to get the white because of this

6. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

Did you see the gold in person? It's not bling bling at all. I was not a fan of the space gray compared to the Slate, but it's certainly different Glad you're happy with yours, no reason to bash others.

7. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

8. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Agree with the OP. The space gray is very elegant looking when without a case. Reminds me of how the iPhone 4/4S used to stand out.

9. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

I really like it because it's a bit reminiscent of the original iPhone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Saw it in the Apple Store last week and was pleased that I made the right choice. Much prefer it to the Slate iPhone 5 I have to say. The silver & gold look good, but the grey is definitely the one I wanted. We'll see when i actually get mine!

I have to say too that the 5c isn't bad at all. I'd be quite happy with that and even considered it briefly, but for £80 difference, it's a no brainer really.

11. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Love it also.

Would have been fine with either it or Silver. Both colors I was struggling over while in line on launch day.

Being 12th in line, my only option ended up being Space Gray. Happy with it.

12. MetalMatt24 macrumors regular

MetalMatt24

13. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Very Cool ! There are some similarities. I LOVE the old iPhone.

14. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

I agree the space grey looks great. Many of my friends who've seen mine have commented about how stunning it actually looks and have since opted for the same colour rather than the bling bling.

15. JorgeLomeli macrumors regular

JorgeLomeli

i got the Space-grey too, i really like it. All my previous iPhones were black

To me, white iphones are more likely to females,and that includes the gold version....

Black-grey to us.

Hey! but thats just my point of view :rolleyes:

16. Steveh2780 thread starter macrumors regular

Steveh2780

I'm not bashing, note that I said "everyone's taste is different". I'm just saying it's not personally what I would want. Enjoy yours whatever you get

----------

I like it, cool comparison!

17. farmD macrumors member

Definitely prefer the darker tone of the slate iteration, but the space gray doesn't look all that bad. Either way, the front black face plate (compared to the white) wins it for me though.

18. Seniordan macrumors regular

19. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

meh not my cup of tea.. Looking more into space grey at the apple store, I do find it more stunning every time but I still like the slate just a bit more

20. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Fully agreed with OP. The Space Grey is breathtaking. Photos do not do it justice.

21. LagLiquidators macrumors member

LagLiquidators

I was upset when they announced they were replacing the slate because I liked it so much. The space grey however is awesome. I love it. Can't wait to get a space grey iPad.

22. DarKeneD macrumors member

I was so sure I was going to get the space grey until I saw it in person. Reminds me of pencil lead :( so I'm jumping onto the gold hype.

23. pk7 macrumors 6502

I've become accustomed to white Apple devices (had a white 4S, have a white iPad) so naturally I was disappointed when I learned that gold and silver were not in supply at the Apple Store.

Well I stood there on launch day since 3 AM and I wasn't about to walk away without an iPhone 5s, so I just "settled" for the Space Grey.

I put "settled" in quotes because even as I was planning to visit every Apple and AT&T Store on my drive home (I go to university), I just noticed how the phone shines. The reflections off of the chamfers are not as subdued as they were on the 5, and they give off a spectacular, but not blinding, glint all around the phone even in only partly sunny weather.

You just sorta get that feeling that you're holding an Apple product in your hand, the feeling that there is no compromising on any aspect of quality or detail regardless of the product and configuration you got. This was not "settling." This was buying a spectacular device all-around.

I also like how the aluminum is a lighter color, as the 5's Slate was too dark for my taste.

I abandoned the idea of crusading through all the stores looking for a white model. I'm happy with it, and it will be the phone I will use for the next 2 years.

24. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Hyperbole much? Breathtaking? Are you a reviewer?

Slate is king.