Space grey - scratches near the dock connector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i0Nic, Oct 22, 2013.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

At the Apple Stores I've noticed that all the space grey phones are very scratched up with the coating wearing off at the dock connector. The silver and gold phones are fine. I'm sure this is due to rough usage but is this likely to happen to personal phones over time? Anyone with a space grey particularly that uses a dock want to comment?

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Who cares its a phone, you going to be checking the bottom for scratches all the time :eek:
    Just to ease your mind i use the apple leather case with a twelve south dock and NO scratches that i can see. I could check with a magnifying glass if you want?

3. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Who cares? I look at the screen not the dock connector.

4. Puff daddy macrumors newbie

Don't carry it and worship your phone from the box it came in! Besides iPhones weren't made to make calls on

5. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Unless you treat your phone like everyone else at the apple store does the demos, you have nothing to worry about.

Those scratches are a combination if trying to find/line the port up with the plug, while pushing down at the same time.

If you don't do that you have nothing to worry about.

6. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I dock my phone every day at least 2 times and I haven't got a single scratch.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You should know that the phones at the store take a beating from being on display and tons of people playing with it.

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

it's a phone my man, you will get a scratch.

no scratches on my slate iP5. just paint fading around the holes/screws and lightning connector. I fumble sometimes with plugging it in if I'm half asleep and it shows no scratches. hardly noticeable unless i'm looking for it.