Space Grey Scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brdl04, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Brdl04 macrumors regular

Brdl04

So,

Two days after getting the Space Grey 5S, I got my first drop and dings. Really makes me mad, but oh well. Its just a device.

On the positive side,

The Space Grey is colored throughout. Therefore no bright aluminum looking at me like the Slate Grey iPhone 5.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its an aluminum phone, which is soft, so the propensity to scratch is high. I recommend a case, or some sort of "skin" to protect it against scratches.

3. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Good to know its colored throughout. Sorry about your dings but I guess you've taken one for the team so to speak. :eek:

4. AceMason macrumors 6502

Now someone needs to drop their gold to confirm that it's colored throughout as well.

5. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Good to know there's no silver under the space.

6. syd430 Guest

It's not. He just made that up. I have a space grey 5S with scratches. It's silver underneath like every other anodised product ever released in Apples history.

----------

It's not. See above.

7. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

No such thing as "colored" all the way through. That's why I got the silver one.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

But guys, Apple made it "space grey" instead of slate so now you can't see the scuffs rather than using a stronger coat!!

9. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

It is NOT colored through out.:mad:

My friend has a nick on his space grey and it is silver aluminum under the grey anodized surface.

Get the silver if you want your scratches to no show as much. Even the gold would not show as bad as the grey.

Nothing has changed with the 5S, you need to take care and case your phone if you care about the "cosmetics"